• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OeklAiP.gif

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
May as well have been a Sony studio to begin with. Congrats to that team. I hear Sony treats their teams very well.

angel_deamon

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
User banned (3 days): Trolling. Inciting system wars.
OMG. Microsoft, look how is done!

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. But wow that's crazy. Would love to know how much they paid....

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit!!

It was always a matter of a good offer rather than not accepting any and with Sony they have guaranteed work with Spiderman 2.

Nov 28, 2017
As I've said numerous times (even here on ERA) to much reject that Ted Price would never go 1st party because he's resisted this long,

it was THANOSABLE...

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That title, my gosh. I'm never huge on acquisitions like this, but I've always associated Insomniac with Sony and I hope this gives them all the job security they need, and the ability to work on even more fantastic games.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
Sony realized it didn't want Indomniac fooling around with any other publishers and finally put a ring on it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's kinda weirder that they didn't buy them already.

RIP Sunset Overdrive.

Oct 26, 2017
Good thing they got Sunset Overdrive for PC out before this.

I expect good things, they already had a really tight partnership with Sony

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The least surprising news possible.

So is this it for Sony accuisitions for now or is there talk about Sony doing more

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gamescom: 10/10.

Gamescom > E3

Holy shit. Can you imagine if they queue up Spider-Man 2 for PS5 launch??!? Megaton.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-man 2 soon, please. The first one is so good.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It was probably a foregone conclusion, but at least this pretty much confirms we're getting a Spiderman followup from the same team.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Damn. Kinda surprising after Spider-man 2. Sony must have sucked up all the profit (They funded it to be fair)

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Wow, Surprising to see Insomniac be willing to sell. Ted always talked about how much they valued their independence.

That's a good get for Sony, though I don't think it was ever in doubt that they would be working largely with Sony going into next gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.