• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Background removal tools
Take center stage in your productions using the PlayStation®5 console's built-in background removal tools.

With the HD camera, you can add yourself to your gameplay videos while broadcasting1 in picture-in-picture mode, with the ability to crop the background or lose it completely with a green screen.
Well this is very interesting with the camera.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Controller looks nice, but why does Sony insist on it resting on the triggers when it's laying flat? Always accidentally fast forward crap on Netflix with the DualShock 4 lol.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Looks cool...not much interesting information though. Let's have the price already!!

200.gif

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
How much power does that ps5 background removal tool take from the system? Feel like that's something that will add to the os footprint

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
that camera is interesting. I can't believe I might buy another PlayStation Camera.

Chris_Rivera

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Capture yourself in smooth, sharp full-HD with the camera's dual wide-angle lenses"

Does this mean 1080p/60fps capture?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the controller from the first reveal. Looks really sleek. All the accessories look nice this time around tbh.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna miss my PS4 remote control, it is simply the best one I've ever received. I absolutely hate the simplistic remote design, I really don't understand it.

4333000_sd.jpg

It's great! Works with my receiver, TV and PS4. It's a little slow, but I love having the options for multiple inputs. Not just "PAUSE AND PLAY"

Man, I agree. Hopefully it's compatible with the PS5 or a better third-party remote comes out.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
So, how can the 3D wireless headset be "tuned" for 3D audio? I have a set of Arctis 7 headphones. Wouldn't I be able to get proper 3D audio through those? I'm hoping the wireless adapter is compatible with the PS5 (it is with the PS4 so I'm expecting so).

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Man did they really need to change the jack for the controller. Why even release a product that is only good for less than a year and not work for your new controller

Shion2

Aug 3, 2020
The DS controller looks so sophisticated and well designed.

Is the pulse 360 headset the only means to get surround sound at launch? I have a Sony WH-1000XM3 which claims to support 3D 360 audio, but I never had a chance to use it. Would definitely love to have that supported by the PS5 too.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Do whatever you want, and congrats that you can. I am planning on getting the system and maybe 1-2 games. Saving now.

but I will stress that the headset and charging station especially are candidates for sales shortly after launch. November? Probably not tho I could see both be discounted a little bit for December sales.

but I imagine in January or Feb the dock will at least have a few sales at retailers and wouldn't be shocked if the headset has at least a few $20 off sales by March - April. So if you wait you might save some good money.

and there will a million knock off charging docks for probably $5-$10 probably 1-2 months after launch so you can always hold out. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a USBC dock that already works with it or that PowerA will have a cheaper one at launch

All depends on perspective I suppose. For example I'll skip the charging thing and get it later. Headset is a day 1 and I'm not too worried about it going on sale - I need it anyway since there are a lot of people in my house. So that's a must get for me no matter what.

I already have cyberpunk pre ordered and will probably pick up an additional 3 games for the ps5 launch. Overall, I'm hyped as hell for next gen

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Man did they really need to change the jack for the controller. Why even release a product that is only good for less than a year and not work for your new controller
I think they definitely did. So many devices are using USB-C now, especially non-Apple phones. I've been waiting to get rid of my mini-USB cords for a while now...

calder

Oct 25, 2017
My wife asked me the other day about PS5 and when it was out etc and I said I didn't know. She asked how much did I *think* and I refused to guess and she finally said, will you be spending more than $800 for it all, like with the headset and a game and I solemnly promised it would be close to that. So glad she's realistic lol.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
the new info out of this...that the dualsense controller will have firmware updates ala switch/xbox controllers

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Already have a Platinum headset but if the Pulse Headset doesn't need a USB dongle I will upgrade. Even better: If the PS5 supports 1000XM3/4.

edit: I see the Pulse Headset uses a USB dongle. So nope.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Will the PS5 HD camera work with a PC? Did the PS4 one work?
Would be quite nice for a face cam, at that price.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Already have a Platinum headset but if the Pulse Headset doesn't need a USB dongle I will upgrade. Even better: If the PS5 supports 1000XM3/4.

edit: I see the Pulse Headset uses a USB dongle. So nope.
Apparently without the dongle the lag will be too much for online gaming over normal Bluetooth vs connected via dongle. Lets hope 1000xm4 can connect to the dongle

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, because this is what my concern was when it was intitally reveled. I was like did they adopt the "gem style" face buttons of the Xbox controllers? I enjoyed the flat "ready to mash" DS4 face buttons. Looks like they did follow Xbox here.

Yeah, this is a bummer. They certainly look nice with the white at least.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna miss my PS4 remote control, it is simply the best one I've ever received. I absolutely hate the simplistic remote design, I really don't understand it.

4333000_sd.jpg

It's great! Works with my receiver, TV and PS4. It's a little slow, but I love having the options for multiple inputs. Not just "PAUSE AND PLAY"

I have finally found you. The complete opposite version of me. I hate everything this remote is. 90% of the buttons are absolutely useless to me and just becomes a visual mess. Primary issue I have with most TVs sold as well.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My wife asked me the other day about PS5 and when it was out etc and I said I didn't know. She asked how much did I *think* and I refused to guess and she finally said, will you be spending more than $800 for it all, like with the headset and a game and I solemnly promised it would be close to that. So glad she's realistic lol.

Phase 1 complete. Slowly normalising the purchase in her mind. I reckon 'solemnly promising staying close to $800' gives you $1000 budget to play with, and of course sales tax doesn't count in the calculations :P

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they've tested for how hand grime and sweat etc collects in the little divots of the tiny playstation symbols that make up the texture

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I have finally found you. The complete opposite version of me. I hate everything this remote is. 90% of the buttons are absolutely useless to me and just becomes a visual mess. Primary issue I have with most TVs sold as well.
Same, it's ghastly and ancient. I much prefer the minimalistic remote style they went with.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
LOOOL, will you guys fight to the death? or allow each other to exist.. *eats popcorn :P

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like that media remote at ALL.

Two reasons:

- White remote is guaranteed to require constant cleaning to stay white
- Those flat buttons are going to feel like shit. I hate remotes with flat buttons like this. Give me big rubber Roku buttons for life!
It looks like it has 4 programmable buttons though? That alone makes it much better than my Roku remote with a freaking DirecTV Now button.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there's one thing I hope is that the triggers don't use that cheap spring that squeaks anymore, hopefully being "adaptive" means they use better quality and more resistant components.