• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 65994

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Comments
Here comes another thread full of people jacking off over this guy's life being ruined.
Yeah my video games are serious business! Lock away the key! Since they weren't an employee they weren't constrained by an NDA so they probably didn't break any laws
Imagine trying to talk criminalty right, which leaded as follew up that the alt right uses to harres devs. Which doesn't make any of you guys better than the average 4chan poster. If you feel so much this way, why not directly show who you guys are and post nazi meme's like on 4chan.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Good to know it wasn't an employee. "Let's screw up our bonus, forcing Sony to release it sooner than they think they should" made no sense to me.

dancmc

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It will be interesting to see what they would actually be responsible for under criminal or civil law. I imagine a lot will be based on through which relationship that they obtained access to the game/story. Did they sign an NDA? Did the company they work/worked for sign an NDA? They will at minimum be blacklisted from Sony related events, and will certainly lose their job if they got access to the game through their employer. Not sure what a civil suit will do to the individual, but maybe a civil suit against their employer

Plum

May 31, 2018
Great! Lets hope this can discourage people from doing so again.

Now lets hope that no-one uses the disinformation posted on Reddit as an excuse to downplay the very real accusations and stories in regads to how ND treats its employees...

...who am I kidding of course that won't happen lol

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So in the end, it was pretty much a case of doing it for "Internet cool points"? That was my first thought at least, before the worker rumor went out.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

meme.jpg

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Glad they were found. Let this be a deterrent to anyone else thinking about pulling these stunts.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Someone leak the NDA so we can see what they get for breaking the NDA.

Unless it was a hack, then leak the court documents!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Umm.. not how that works.

If they were offered NDA, they refused to sign and Sony still gave them material then there is nothing illegal about accessing it. That would be on Sony.

You're saying that as if that is something Sony would do. "Oh you don't want to sign? Ok no worries, here go debug the game we expect to sell 10 million copies of this year"

Oct 25, 2017
Not to speak for that user, but I'm not sure that's what they were trying to do.

When they say "over the leak of a game" I think what they mean is sure, you get the all the clicks/attention for the leak of this one high profile game, but then when all that dies down, you've just sacrificed your entire career for one momentary flash in the pan.

It's not like they have an endless stream of leaks coming. They had this one leak, now their career in the industry is over, and nobody will ever hear from them again.

It has nothing to do with belittling gaming as a hobby.

Honestly, I've seen this take several times on this forum so that's just how it came across.

That said, I'll give the poster the benefit of the doubt not that they care. After all, this is just a video game forum, right /s.

:)

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
He wasn't aware of the consequences of his actions?

There's a difference between acknowledging the consequences of one's actions and actively gaining pleasure through mob revelry and shouting from the roof that you hope for the most dire outcome possible.

This shouldn't require further explanation because it's dead simple.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
This might be one of the first instances I can think of Jason Schreier being majorly wrong about something? Didn't he say it was a disgruntled ND employee? I might be misremembering..
See, no. This is the problem. He commented on the rumors and said himself that he doesn't know. But almost everyone ignores the second part and just assumed that he was reporting a scoop when he was just giving his thoughts on the rumor.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Obviously one bad egg etc etc, but a inside leak from someone at ND seemed ridiculous to me anyway, since they poured so much work and passion into it, why would they want that ruined for thousands and spoiled.

Definitely just some ahole on the internet who got an early copy or script or access to ND/Sony computers and leaked it.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Sony ninjas on their Ghost of Tsushima shit

Joking aside, I can guarantee if I had done this and got caught, I'd be regretting it because now I'm gonna be sued out my ass. Hope this is a good lesson for would be leakers: its never worth it.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine trying to talk criminalty right, which leaded as follew up that the alt right uses to harres devs. Which doesn't make any of you guys better than the average 4chan poster. If you feel so much this way, why not directly show who you guys are and post nazi meme's like on 4chan.
That's a bit much my dude.