• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Anyone knows if leakage was the sole purpose of the act or was just retaliation for a blackmailing exigence not met ?

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So if they're not internal how did they access to the material they leaked?
Hacked dev kits and networks?

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
tenor.gif
"SIE! OPEN UP!"

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

You'd deprive someone of their freedom for stealing company IP and potentially damaging a product launch? Whatever emotional attachment you've formed to this game, it would never justify such an OTT punishment. You'd be laughed out of court lobbying for that, assuming there was enough to go to trial and instead not just opt for civil damages.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Damn, they better leak the rest of the game before Sony sends its ninjas after them!

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Comments
They should film the Sony goons breaking their kneecaps put it in TLOU3

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the damages they'd have to pay. They probab.. can't afford that. It's not worth trolling people with spoilers, what were they thinking? Like if you got early video or code enjoy it, don't go ruining things for others. I only saw one part of a spoiler, hope I can avoid more, darnit!

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't their fault I bet. It was probably their little brother that got into their account.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah my video games are serious business! Lock away the key! Since they weren't an employee they weren't constrained by an NDA so they probably didn't break any laws
They did commit a crime though. On top of that they can be sued for damages. They won't go to prison because "video game leaks" but they sure as hell gonna need a LOT of money to pay up.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my video games are serious business! Lock away the key! Since they weren't an employee they weren't constrained by an NDA so they probably didn't break any laws
It all depends on how they got the info. If they hacked into Sony servers and stole it then they should be punished, but if someone handed the the info and they just shared it, them Sony should leave them alone.

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
I really do wonder what the consequences of this would be for the leaker, I assume loads and loads of money rather than just a "bad boy bad don't do that again k", otherwise every piece of media would get leaked on the regular.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about jail but they will probably be sued into Oblivion. I'm no expert on these matters but the people who usually leak these things are not millionaires so good luck with financial ruin.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
What kind of legal action can they take if it wasn't a Sony or NaughtyDog employee? Just sue them?

NinjaBoiX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good that the culprits were found. Shitty thing to do, and to what end?

Shitty for the consumer having a hugely anticipated product spoiled, and potentially damaging for ND into the bargain.
Shocked, I tell you. The Internet was lying? It can't be.
What was the rumour? As I say, I haven't been following this. For obvious reasons.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
My money is still on a family member recording a snippet, unless that would count as a related to ND (through employee relations)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
You'd deprive someone of their freedom for stealing company IP and potentially damaging a product launch? Whatever emotional attachment you've formed to this game, it would never justify such an OTT punishment. You'd be laughed out of court lobbying for that, assuming there was enough to go to trial and instead not just opt for civil damages.
They won't go to prison, but they will be sued so hard, they may as well be.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine it was worth it. They could sue the fuck out of them and for what? Internet points?

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Here comes another thread full of people jacking off over this guy's life being ruined.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
They're screwed
Imagine your life being destroyed because you HAD to leak a games contents