• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Speaking of decades, Yoshida went on to say that Sony has high hopes for Dreams: "We have a 10 year vision for Dreams to keep growing with the community," he says. He goes on to discuss early access, which seems to be the first step on this journey. It's allowing creators to wrap their heads around the toolset, collaborate with each other to make cool things, and provide feedback to the development team.

Interview with PlayStation Asia:

Last edited:

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it, Dreams is incredible and seems like an amazingly solid foundation for whatever else they have planned.

Jun 14, 2018
I'm so glad Shu is excited about it. It's a genuinely incredible project. I was very, very worried it would flop sales-wise and kill Media Molecule. I still think it won't rake in boatloads of money but I'm glad it's safe regardless.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Good - give Mm all the support and time needed.

Dreams cannot be treated like it's just a one-and-done game like a traditional $60 release. Hope Sony realises that.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Dreams or its updates will hopefully live more than 10 years. But maybe they need a pc version at some point to really become a mainstream tool.
Even only as a graphic tool to build a scene this is amazing and i love it but there are limitations of course and you can't export anything of quality from it..

Jun 14, 2018
Dreams or its updates will hopefully live more than 10 years. But maybe they need a pc version at some point to really become a mainstream tool.
Even only as a graphic tool to build a scene this is amazing and i love it but there are limitations of course and you can't export anything of quality from it..

Exporting 3D models so they can be used in game engines like Unity is a feature they already confirmed they're working on.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Exporting 3D models so they can be used in game engines like Unity is a feature they already confirmed they're working on.

But i'm not even sure Dreams is that much of a great soft to model, or is it ? But i find it amazing for building a scene. Actually i don't know if any 3d soft lets you assemble models in a scene like that and put light etc.. But i don't really know 3d software anywway.

When i say export i mean.. Let me export a printable picture at least.. I would love to use dreams to actually make art, landscape etc...

Jun 14, 2018
But i'm not even sure Dreams is that much of a great soft to model, or is it ? But i find it amazing for building a scene. Actually i don't know if any 3d soft lets you assemble models in a scene like that and put light etc.. But i don't really know 3d software anywway.

When i say export i mean.. Let me export a printable picture at least.. I would love to use dreams to actually make art, landscape etc...

Just line up your shot and press the Share button.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This will probably also be one of the games that could get released on PC, a bigger community and native mouse and keyboard support would be great for the game.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad Shu is excited about it. It's a genuinely incredible project. I was very, very worried it would flop sales-wise and kill Media Molecule. I still think it won't rake in boatloads of money but I'm glad it's safe regardless.

They should have a trial version preinstalled on all PS5 consoles at launch. Introduce players to Dreams and then watch it flourish next gen.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Dreams could be a cornerstone of their streaming strategy IMO.

Dreams can be YouTube to the PSNow's Netlix/iTunes/HBO.

It feels like a gaming YouTube, it just needs the accessibility of a YouTube - make it accessible through streaming in a browser/apps/etc. I think it's a candidate for the idea of selective PC porting of 'service' games also.

Oct 27, 2017
Good, I hope Sony is prepared to support Mm even if the game isn't an immediate success because it's clearly something that will evolve and flourish over the years. Can't wait for the full release!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
They should have a trial version preinstalled on all PS5 consoles at launch. Introduce players to Dreams and then watch it flourish next gen.
Okay hear me out.
You start up the PS5 for your first time, and instead of the usual intro, you get dreams! Then the game lets you create your own PS5 UI and personalize it

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
This will probably also be one of the games that could get released on PC, a bigger community and native mouse and keyboard support would be great for the game.

Agreed, I feel a game like this would thrive on PC, also think if Sony were gonna start putting more 1st party games into PS Now Dreams would be a good candidate.

Feb 15, 2019
Okay hear me out.
You start up the PS5 for your first time, and instead of the usual intro, you get dreams! Then the game lets you create your own PS5 UI and personalize it

I don't really like that idea. I like it as an option, but I don't want to buy my new console, and instead of setting it up, be making a UI that I like. I definitely like it as an option, but when I go out to buy my Ps5, I'm gonna want to set it up and immediately play a new shiny game and act like a kid on Christmas, not spend time making a UI.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what, I think I will give this thing a try after all.
We all get crazy dreams time to time. Would be fun to translate it if the tools are easy to use.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
All this 10 year speak has me very skeptical. With Sony already killing off stuff like Gravity Rush 2's online and such, I need them to prove it. In that regard they don't deserve any trust over other big publishers.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All this 10 year speak has me very skeptical. With Sony already killing off stuff like Gravity Rush 2's online and such, I need them to prove it. In that regard they don't deserve any trust over other big publishers.
Well, MM's other game's servers are still up. It's been almost 11 years.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. I love what I am seeing out of Dreams thus far.

You know. This might sound crazy but I do hope there is no PC version. There is something to said about creativity through limitation. I know people will disagree with me on that but I feel like something not having unlimited resources (which a PC version might be able to afford) is better.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I adore Dreams and I love dipping into it regularly to add new stuff to my 'favourites' collection. The community is doing great stuff. Hope it lasts a long time.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. I love what I am seeing out of Dreams thus far.

You know. This might sound crazy but I do hope there is no PC version. There is something to said about creativity through limitation. I know people will disagree with me on that but I feel like something not having unlimited resources (which a PC version might be able to afford) is better.
Dreams itself is still heavily limited by its creation tools. We have to make segmented puppets of objects and can't do any deforming of meshes.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm happy at the commitment but I fear Sony gonna waste money for 10 years. Dreams didn't look like it has the same buzz as LBP pre release, and you can't sell sticker and costume mtx because user can create and share anything made from scratch in Dreams

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay hear me out.

It would be a nice option for sure. One of my favourite things for my cfw PSP was making my own UI's. Shouldn't be default though and realistically I can't imagine Sony allowing the game to modify the OS.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy at the commitment but I fear Sony gonna waste money for 10 years. Dreams didn't look like it has the same buzz as LBP pre release, and you can't sell sticker and costume mtx because user can create and share anything made from scratch in Dreams

Technically you can make anything, but if they did put out official stuff i'd think that'd still be appealing. Especially if combined with gameplay content. You also have the "Imp", you little cursor in the game. They could sell cosmetic changes for it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not convinced of the game since everything that came out of it by now looks very samey, at least in these early stages, but it's good to see a big publisher is in it for the long run for a change. Now they still have to stick to their words of course.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I really want to love Dreams, but I really struggled with the controls and I lack any precision. VR, Mouse and Keyboard support would be really helpful. In it's current iteration i quickly gave up on it.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the most amazing pieces of software I've ever seen. Excited to see what they do with it going into next gen

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
VR support is going to launch this game to new heights. Offering a near-endless, dynamic lineup of community-created VR experiences is going to be a gamechanger.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not convinced of the game since everything that came out of it by now looks very samey, at least in these early stages, but it's good to see a big publisher is in it for the long run for a change. Now they still have to stick to their words of course.

To be frank if you think everything looks very samey you haven't been looking. There is a lot of variety to be found.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully their vision includes releasing the game at some point. I feel like they just don't know what to do with it.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Okay hear me out.
Bad idea, creating stuff in Dreams isn't easy as it seems, it's extremely time consuming if you aren't clever and know how to do stuff ^^

Happy to know Shuhei is all in for it, hope the best for MM!