• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean? Sure it has some French inspirations, but the setting isn't in Paris or France, and it's a fictional language, not French lol
I know it's gibberish, but I still hear French accents in this made up language. It kinda sounds like a mix of French and Japanese. And obviously it's not like real world France or whatever, but last I heard, the art that went into the setting was inspired by French artist Jean Giraud AKA Moebius' work.

Whatever the case, it sucks this series failed for Sony.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
That's sad :( I don't own a Playstation console and I know (and like) the character

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
i remember her from being in a not-so-great vita game, then being in another not-so-great ps4 game

then her not-so-great vita game got a sequel, but i can't say anything about that since i haven't played it. but if it's anything like the first game...

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
i don't think any amount of marketing would have made that much of a difference for the game's sales and i like both the games.

The second game, the first to grace home consoles (iirc) was critically less acclaimed than the first and that was the first impression most people had of the series.

Anyway, I am curious to know why she failed to take off if it wasn't about the marketing?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
The second game, the first to grace home consoles (iirc) was critically less acclaimed than the first and that was the first impression most people had of the series.

Anyway, I am curious to know why she failed to take off if it wasn't about the marketing?

no the remaster came out first on ps4. it's a niche action adventure game. 2 hit 80 on meta. remaster hit 80 on meta. vita release was 83.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
You must mean Katt.

latest

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Kat is great, I genuinely love her but look into your hearts.
GR is kinda a whatever game. It has top tier music and presentation but story and gameplay are meh. It is super niche stuff, more casual players will peace out sooner than later.

Yeah? Well I've never heard of Paris before!
source.gif

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Screw this :(
I am going to have to play more Gravity Rush tomorrow to cope with this unfair world.

I want a third game damn it

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm almost baffled at how people could forget her name lol. It's literally Kat. One letter different from Cat.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
I don't know what the general crowd is like at PGW but if they did this quiz at EGX I bet it'd be the same result. I feel like we imagine that these conventions are full of hardcore gamers when in actually fact they're predominantly a fairly casual crowd.

I don't think passing the hardcore gamer purity test should teeter on the awareness of the existence of Kat from Gravity Rush

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
If you're taking part in an event at the Playstation stand and you don't know who Kat is, you're a bad gamer and a bad person. I'm not just saying stuff either, that's a scientifically proven fact.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
She's that girl from Playstation All Stars Battle Royale!

Just like Captain Falcon is from Smash Bros.

:)

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More people think of 2B as a Playstation female character long before Kat, and Nier isn't an exclusive.

Next game needs to have better controls, less jankiness to the flight combat and a bigger budget to use real cutscenes rather than Team Sonic Racing esque animated stills interrupted by squawks and squeaks.

Edit: Goddamn, I just realized that for all the shit people give it, Team Sonic Racing actually has full voice acting to go along with the stills than Gravity Rush 2.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Casual crowd not knowing who a character from a niche game is which didn't even sell a million. News at ten.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Sony did a horrible job at promoting that game. I knew of its existence, wanted to play it, and even I didn't realize the game came out when it came out.

And now I don't really care; I'll get to it when I get to it.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
NieR Automata sold 4m copies. Persona 5 has sold around 3m copies. Both of them are "anime".

Exceptions to the norm and all, I feel like anime shit does much better on RPGs because it's just considered normal. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, ect. setting those standards.

Gravity Rush was a weird anime platformer-esque thing (at full price as well) that just didn't have the same appeal something like Persona would.