• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
f19.jpg

tumblr_p0dhoz19Bx1t5f9z3o1_400.gif

Kat is the best!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Kat is a smelly, dirty sewer dweller!
No wonder no one knows her.

maxresdefault.jpg

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'll try them again soon since I paid for them, but I just couldn't get into either GR game when I finally purchased them a couple years back.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
isn't she the original character for playstation all-star battle royale?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's actually embarrassing considering the game's setting and dialogue. Damn, I always loved Gravity Rush for its unique art style and gameplay, but I could see how the gravity controls might frustrate tons of people.

I wouldn't blame Sony if we don't get GR3, and honestly, I'd be pretty fine with it as long as the team is working on something like Siren or a new IP.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what the general crowd is like at PGW but if they did this quiz at EGX I bet it'd be the same result. I feel like we imagine that these conventions are full of hardcore gamers when in actually fact they're predominantly a fairly casual crowd. EGX is tons of parents following their kids around. Loads of people queuing to play Borderlands 3 even though it's been out for a month so they can get a free mask. And it's not the hardcore who are taking part in these stage competitions and stuff.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong and it's a different thing. But I wouldn't expect the audience of any convention I've ever been to to know Kat really.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I didn't know her name either and I know what Gravity Rush is.

It's just one of those thing were an IP just not popular and lacks appeal to attract the general public. Also if I am being honest here, Gravity Rush was a tech demo for the vita that was lucky enough to get ported and a sequel on the PS4.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not that surprising. I dunno anyone IRL who has played GR games aside from myself. I only ever see her mentioned here.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, if it weren't for GAF and Era, I'd still recognize her but I probably wouldn't recall her name. The game always looked interesting to me, but never had the devices to play it on.

The series probably would've had a better life had the first game's development stuck to PS3 and not moved to Vita.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Kat... I'm not surprised sadly. I figure a good majority of people don't know what Gravity Rush is or who Kat is.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Poor Kat :(
Poor Dusty.

Just completely overhaul the combat and Gravity Rush 3 could be a thing of beauty.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has no one to blame but themselves. The one market they actually marketed the game in, Japan, had decent sales.

But they didn't bother to actually market the game anywhere else.

Still blows my mind that they didn't put the Remaster on ps+ in the lead up to GR2 because I am pretty sure they did exactly that for Japanese ps+

It really speaks volumes about how badly Sony handled this ip. Even if its a more niche game to have one of your more charming and visually stand out characters be basically completely unknown to the more mainstream audience is pretty sad. Granted a casual audience like that might also not know a bunch of more famous characters from Japanese games

Oct 27, 2017
Poor Kat. The Gravity Queen deserved much better.

Sony should adapt Gravity Rush as an anime and make a sequel. I feel that will make her much more popular.

It could work well, especially after Sony said they want to do TV series of their IPs.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Maybe Gravity Rush just isn't that great, or memorable, a series. I mean I didn't hate the first game, but there were better Vita games and I couldn't tell you the main characters name in Killzone or AC Liberation either.

Oct 25, 2017
I admit, if I saw that pic, my exact response would be

"Hey that's the main protagonist from the Gravity Rush games, what's her name...uhhhm??!...Does she even have a name? uhm... you know Gravity Rush girl, that flys around??..." That's how I'd answer it.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Keiichiro Toyama is the youngest of all but has his place among his elders - Fumito Ueda, Hidekata Miyaka, Shinji Mikami, Hideki Kamyia, Shu Takumi or Hideo Kojima - but he never had a mainstream sucess during his career. He's only 41yo btw so everything is possible but it's someway unfair for someone so inspired.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i don't think any amount of marketing would have made that much of a difference for the game's sales and i like both the games.