• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The original source is paywalled and I'm not signing up to a conservative U.K. rag to confirm
Tip: when the page is loading, if you click the X button to stop the rest of the loading, it doesn't paywall.

This is the full quote from the telegraph

Although at least one of those titles isn't quite what it may have seemed. Show opener Spider-Man Miles Morales looked like an entirely new follow up to 2018's excellent PS4 exclusive Marvel's Spider-Man starring the new, titular protagonist. However Rutter clarified it's actually more akin to an expansion bolted on to an upgraded version of the original title.

"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game," he explained. "There's a substantial Miles Morales component - which is the expansion element - but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

"I think what is very interesting for everyone to see is how familiar games might be to some degree changed through the workings of PlayStation 5," explains Rutter when asked whether such familiarity is actually an important part of transitioning an installed user base from old machines to the new.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
People were jumping down my throat in other threads for saying this.

It was very clear that R&C is Insomniac's next "big" game. That's what most of their resources are going to right now and that's the game that had more time spent on it despite not having a release date.

The next major Spider Man game will probably be what they work on after finishing R&C.

I still thought this would be a full game though. Really concerning for the launch lineup.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Definitely sounds like there reselling the og game but using the miles expansion as a cover hella disappointing if that's the case

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
The original source is paywalled and I'm not signing up to a conservative U.K. rag to confirm but it sounds like they just repurposed the engine and enhanced it like U4

It's hard to tell the exact quotes as the actual Telegraph already is paywalled unfortunately.

You can look at the full article with view-source. It only says this about the Spider-Man game:
Although at least one of those titles isn't quite what it may have seemed. Show opener Spider-Man Miles Morales looked like an entirely new follow up to 2018's excellent PS4 exclusive Marvel's Spider-Man starring the new, titular protagonist. However Rutter clarified it's actually more akin to an expansion bolted on to an upgraded version of the original title.
"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game," he explained. "There's a substantial Miles Morales component - which is the expansion element - but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."
"I think what is very interesting for everyone to see is how familiar games might be to some degree changed through the workings of PlayStation 5," explains Rutter when asked whether such familiarity is actually an important part of transitioning an installed user base from old machines to the new.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
So what's the "major enhancement to the game" then he's talking about in the next sentence?

"There's a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

Notice how he says "game and game engine".

Really confusing wording there and pretty much the opposite of a clarification.

Yeh you're right, misread that myself.

Indeed confusing. Let's see

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This really needs some clarification, the quotes do not give enough info.
Yeah. The quote says ""I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game," he said."
But i read now that its a standalone? I missed that. Any official wording on that? Its abit confusing atm.

Oct 28, 2019
So what's the "major enhancement to the game" then he's talking about in the next sentence?

"There's a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

Notice how he says "game and game engine".

Really confusing wording there and pretty much the opposite of a clarification.

yup, the way he singles out the morales content and then separates the game and the engine after makes me believe the original is included

I ain't complaining

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people are being misled, should probably just change the entire thread at this point

Jan 20, 2019
People were jumping down my throat in other threads for saying this.

It was very clear that R&C is Insomniacs next "big" game. That's what most of their resources are going to right now and that's the game that had more time spent on it despite not having a release date.

The next major Spider Man game will probably be what they work on after finishing R&C.

I still thought this would be a full game though. Really concerning for the launch lineup.

You should read it then, it is a standalone expansio .

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This thread seems to be generating a lot of confusion as the article title/tweet does not seem to match what's written in the article. As such, we're locking it. Feel free to make a new thread if there's a clearer source.

Status
Not open for further replies.