• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still looked great tho imo.

Speaking to The Telegraph, Sony Interactive Entertainment's EVP head of European Business, Simon Rutter said that Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales would include "major enhancements" to the 2018 PS4 game.

"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game," he said.

"There's a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine, obviously deploying some of the major PlayStation 5 technology and features."

Asked whether such familiarity was an important part of transitioning an installed user base from old machines to the new, Rutter said:
"I think what is very interesting for everyone to see is how familiar games might be to some degree changed through the workings of PlayStation 5."

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
It's hardly a surprise to be honest, but agree that the reveal was misleading. They basically announced a remaster / expansion.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... Its the original game with an expanded Miles Morales storyline?

Or it's reusing the previous games assets to make a completely new game?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, had me totally that it was like lost legacy.
It probably still is, just in actual dlc form.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How disappointing. I played the PS4 game in 2018. Not buying the console at launch if this is accurate.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or does it not say "remaster" anywhere in the quotes. Sounds like he's just talking in reference to the last game? "I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game,"

This article has taken the quote out of context majorly.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Seems a bit confusing in wording, but I assume it doesn't include the original story?

I guess it could just mean the map itself is remastered and such.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Will I have to pay full price again, even if I own Spider-Man already? Can I just buy the Miles bit?

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
The world was "remastered" aka redone for PS5 and the growth/expansion is the Miles story/campaign. Not hard to understand if you're not looking for clicks or being disingenuous

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I use to make threads before reading the article the thread is about.

AngryMoth

Oct 25, 2017
Oh...

This could massively reduce the chance of me picking up a system at launch then. It was a good game but I have no interest in playing through it again, if it's a full price and the only part I'm interested in is a few extra hours where you play as Miles that's kind of a dealbreaker.

edit: reading the article it isn't clear, still kind of sounds like a stand alone First Light style expansion to me which is what I expected it would be

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
For the love of God. Read the article.
Its not a Remaster per se, its a major expansion, or spin off, that enhances the First game experience using the potential of next gen hardware.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I could see how you'd get "remaster" from this -

"I guess you could call it an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game. There's a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine."

But I think the intent with that was more "we've put Miles into an enhanced version of the original game's engine", which was pretty obvious.

Oct 28, 2019
"There's a substantial Miles Morales component – which is the expansion element – but also within the game as well there's been major enhancements to the game and the game engine"

this makes it pretty clear the original game is included

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty much my thoughts yesterday. They showed off Miles, but first PS5 thing we've seen was Spider-Man running on PS5... which we're getting as well as it seems.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reveal was incredibly misleading if this is true.
The original source is paywalled and I'm not signing up to a conservative U.K. rag to confirm but it sounds like they just repurposed the engine and enhanced it like U4

If not and it is a remaster of a recent game is this how Sony get people to pay for upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.