• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
People do give them credit, it's called money. Why would anyone need to give a corporation anything more?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The lack of release dates (even release years) was eyebrow raising, though. Like, I'd be impressed all those first party games released by Holiday 2021, but we have no reason to think that.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the new Spider-Man Miles game is basically like an expansion I would be a bit disappointed being a PS4 owner.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Gamers are insatiable. They announced Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Gran Turismo 7, Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and Demon's Souls last night. And those were just the highlights. They could have had a great show with just two or three of these.

It was a crazy selection.

Deleted member 64517

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
This is a weird thread, the love in can get a bit insufferable sometimes and yet you make a thread like this? Are you insecure or something?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, many of them were third parties/indies, and most of the biggest ones did not include proper gameplay demos. Ratchet is the only one that had a prolonged gamepaly segment. Microsoft also delivered as much at Inside Xbox. Quantity wasn't the issue at either event frankly.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, they manage their projects so well. They don't seem to have the droughts that Nintendo and MS frequently have.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Gamers are insatiable. They announced Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Gran Turismo 7, Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and Demon's Souls last night. And those were just the highlights. They could have had a great show with just two or three of these.

It was a crazy selection.

That's why I don't understand how some people are still not satisfied, there was at least something for everyone in there.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess being market leader, having one banger after another be commercially and critically successful and leading into the next gen with crazy hype isn't enough.

OP
OP
SilverX

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
People do give them credit, it's called money. Why would anyone need to give a corporation anything more?

Did you throw money at your screen after the PS5 event?

I can't believe this is turning into a "Sony gets so much credit here lol" whining thread with this is specifically about the PS5 event. Is there a reason why some of you are twisting this?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Also death loop, ghost wire and project Athia as console exclusives
I don't think they should get credit for money-hatting games that were releasing regardless. Two of those were already announced too. They should be getting the opposite of credit for that.

But for the first party stuff, definitely. But with 9x first party games just on show yesterday, why they also felt the need to money-hat is beyond me.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Strange thread, are even are quarter of those games being released at launch/ launch window with the PS5?

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Yea,their spread of games has been great for a while now.....seeing all these games and then having TLoU Pt.II next week and Ghost of Tsushima a month later is fantastic.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
My biggest issue with Xbox has always been the inconsistent output, they've dropped machines right as new consoles are coming out and their early titles for new consoles don't materialize into more titles in the series or from the devs. With them buying some devs and doubling down on 1st party, that might change, but they have a lot to prove.

So after MS gets dragged for their cross gen strategy for weeks , you're now insinuating that they could possibly drop support for the Xbox One family immediately the new console comes around?
This doesn't make sense.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
That seems an odd choice, especially as the game had what looked like a VR calibration screen just before it was shown.
Not an odd choice. Astrobot is becoming a PlayStation mascot. They had a Playroom pack-in on Vita, PS4 and PSVR as well. It's just something that they do.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
To be fair, many of them were third parties/indies, and most of the biggest ones did not include proper gameplay demos. Ratchet is the only one that had a prolonged gamepaly segment. Microsoft also delivered as much at Inside Xbox. Quantity wasn't the issue at either event frankly.

They had 9 first party games (as in, they own the IP).

Gameplay will probably be shown at SoP like they did for GoT and TLOU.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
After the presentation I have less confidence that the console will release with at least 2 games that I want to pick up.

I was expecting to feel more confident.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Thread comes off kinda weird lmao. Yay I guess ? They havent announced much in the last few years ofc they had stuff ready for ps5 lol

OP
OP
SilverX

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This is a weird thread, the love in can get a bit insufferable sometimes and yet you make a thread like this? Are you insecure or something?

I can't believe excitement for how much there is for the PS5 is being turned into "insecurity" lol. Is this a gaming enthusiast forum or do people actually just get upset at shit like this and try to downplay the enthusiasm?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
The show just happened and most of the games don't have release dates. What are we supposed to praise exactly?

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Dreams, Blood and Truth, Shadow of Colussus, Detroit...
Thats better than Nintendo approanch ;)
To be fair I forgot about dreams. Plus blood and truth. That's 4,

SotC and Detroit came out more than 2 years ago.

Sony still put out more exclusives than any other publishers and probably has a better quality per title than even Nintendo but no way have been releasing tons of games over the last 2 years

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you all sound bitter as fuck, there's nothing wrong with the OP. It seems like there won't be a huge drought this first year like there usually is, but you never know.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Did you throw money at your screen after the PS5 event?

I can't believe this is turning into a "Sony gets so much credit here lol" whining thread with this is specifically about the PS5 event. Is there a reason why some of you are twisting this?
What should I do, exactly? Thank them for having the grace of making stuff I can buy? Sorry, I don't get what you want. The wanted to have a lot of games on both PS4 and PS5 so that people will buy them, if people will buy them - That's the credit they deserve. I'm not going to thank them for trying to make a profit lol.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Go on then, name them
Oh boy. This is not going to end well for you...

From wikipedia.

Concrete Genie
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Medieval
MLB Show 19
Dreams
Erica
Ready set Heroes
Blood & Truth
Everybody's Golf VR
Immortal Legacy: The Jade Cipher

MLB Show 20
Predator:Hunting Grounds
Tilt Brush
The Last of Us Part II
Ghost of Tsushima
Iron Man VR

I skipped Patapon remaster because remaster.

These are all PS4 titles and later this year you will also have PS5 titles from them.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony has spent decades cultivating and nurturing development talent to ensure it can do stuff like this.

Its paid off.

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
To be fair I forgot about dreams. Plus blood and truth. That's 4,

SotC and Detroit came out more than 4 years ago.

Sony still put out more exclusives than any other publishers and probably has a better quality per title than even Nintendo but no way have been releasing tons of games over the last 2 years
So you agree Sony actually release games, not "hardly"?

Deleted member 64517

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
I can't believe excitement for how much there is for the PS5 is being turned into "insecurity" lol. Is this a gaming enthusiast forum or do people actually just get upset at shit like this and try to downplay the enthusiasm?
I'm as excited as everyone but threads like these in particular sound like it's created by a shill. Sony get plenty of credit for the effort they put into games, but it's not enough for the most die hard fans.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
If all the 9 exclusives are coming 1st year is indeed a good job. But if it is like ps4 not in fact. First 2 years of ps4 in terms of exclusives were a joke.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Astro's Playroom is a pack-in title. Granted I would think it's a bite sized game but who knows?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Suggesting Sony doesn't get enough credit on Era... lol
Where did the OP say this was only about appreciation on Era? All companies do things that go underappreciated. Like the Vita's launch/launch window lineup. Let's not make this about who has the biggest or loudest fanbase on a forum.