• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017

Sony's statement
Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered
is an enhanced version of Marvel's Spider-Man, and is included as part of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for the PlayStation 5. In addition, players who purchase Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PlayStation 4 can upgrade at no additional cost to the PS5 version of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales and can take advantage of a paid-upgrade to download Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered.

There are no plans currently to offer Marvel's-Spider-Man: Remastered as a standalone. Players with a copy of Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4 can purchase Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles MoralesUltimate Edition to experience Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered on PS5. Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4 also will be backwards compatible on PS5.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing, and I have no real interest in going for the ultimate edition of Miles so ah well.

The only real hope is that they do end up selling it separately.

Duck Sauce

Oct 30, 2017
United States
200.gif

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are no plans currently to offer Marvel's-Spider-Man: Remastered as a standalone. Players with a copy of Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4 can purchase Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition to experience Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered on PS5. M
Hahahaha what a lovely sentiment to share
26698117.jpg

MrAlderson

Apr 19, 2018
Personally don't care i just won't buy it. Does sony not see what others are doing around them. Why choose not to reward your most loyal supporters with a bonus

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Well that's shitty. You can't even purchase it standalone.

Can you buy SM MM and then upgrade edition later? Or would you have to spend $70 on the UE?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
so the only way to buy the game is for 70 which if you want miles isnt to bad but for anyone that doesnt is auge price to ask

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's too bad. I've already played the hell out of the base game + DLCs so I'm not really itching to buy the remaster anyways. I'll just go with the standard edition of Miles Morales.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
User banned (5 days): trolling, platform warring. History of hostility and provocative posting.
Imagine buying a PS5 hahaha

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be fine if they patched the old version to have an uncapped framerate mode so I can get a possible 60 fps when playing on PS5 but we all know that ain't happening.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But what about a paid upgrade?

No upgrade path whatsoever?

Didn't Insomniac just "confirm" that a free upgrade would be coming on Twitter? What the hell?

There are a bunch of fake twitter Sony accounts that people keep posting around here and elsewhere. That's probably what it was.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't expect a free upgrade but it does suck that you have to buy Mile Morales if you want to get the remaster.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Sony and Microsoft couldn't be going in more separate directions if they were trying. Like come the fuck on. $20 for the upgrade isn't terrible or anything but still shit. I mean at least give a stand alone version for goodness sake.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolute BS. But I do wonder if this was a Sony decision or a Marvel decision. Let's see what happens with Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2 etc.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to charge $40 for TLoU II remastered with Factions MP aren't they?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i need to replay the original game because i've forgotten most of it, but it doesnt feel right paying for it again. i'll just pass until the whole set is cheap i guess.

i bought the $150 CE for the first game.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Dumb move.

Guess it's to add value to Miles Ultimate edition but probably could have been done better