• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
The real issue here is the lack of plans to sell it separately. That would be really stupid.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
This is corny. Sony has givien away free upgrades for the last 4 years but that's done because it's called PS5 and not PS4 Super Pro. Anybody charging for upgrades are lame.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this standard? I'm struggling to think of a remaster that was ever given out for free.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite. 505 has literally no upgrade path of any kind for Control. lol

There is no upgrade path for this either, you either buy the Ultimate Edition of Miles, or you don't get it. It doesn't matter if you own the base game, base game and all DLC or nothing at all. It's exactly the same as Control, and we should be putting pressure on Sony for doing the same thing here like we did with 505.

Completely unacceptable for a first party to do this, especially when your main competitor is going all in and embracing free upgrades

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Buy PS4 version of Miles, get PS5 version of Miles but no option to get Spider-Man at all.
Buy PS5 version of Miles, only get PS5 version of Spider-Man with Ultimate Edition.

Really well done Sony, way to charge the absolute most while making it as confusing as possible.

wotta

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why people have an issue with this. The game is two years old. That's like wanting EA to upgrade FIFA 19 for free.

If you buy Miles Morales Ultimate on PS4 it is upgraded for free right? So what's the issue?

Spiderman is a two year old game, you can still play the game on PS5 and it will run better thanks to Game Boost.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
You mean the old version to the remastered or PS4 MM to PS5 MM?

The remastered uses new saves and trophies.

Okay yeah. This is what's making me not want to buy MM more than anything. I had like 6 hours into the original and wanted to finish it then do the MM part. I still might get it but I reaaaaaaally didn't want to start the game over.

Paying for the ultimate MM isn't a big deal to me I sold a physical copy of the original.

wotta

Oct 27, 2017
Buy PS4 version of Miles, get PS5 version of Miles but no option to get Spider-Man at all.
Buy PS5 version of Miles, only get PS5 version of Spider-Man with Ultimate Edition.

Really well done Sony, way to charge the absolute most while making it as confusing as possible.

This is wrong. If you buy it on PS4 you have the option to pay for Spiderman on PS5.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Beginning of this next gen is like the beginning of PS4 gen. Xbox messed up Sony did everything right, but now everything is vice versa...

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Why are people surprised by this? 😐

The Remastered includes all the DLCs. They can't just offer to upgrade people with the base game to a version that includes more content than it. Probably the same reason why Control is not getting the next-gen upgrade either.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
In order to continue to play the DLC in my back log with the updated graphics I'll have to buy the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales and start from scratch? C'mon man!

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I have no problem paying $20 for a remaster/upgrade. HOWEVER my saves better transfer, especially if the game is relatively recent like this one.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why people have an issue with this. The game is two years old. That's like wanting EA to upgrade FIFA 19 for free.

If you buy Miles Morales Ultimate on PS4 it is upgraded for free right? So what's the issue?

Spiderman is a two year old game, you can still play the game on PS5 and it will run better thanks to Game Boost.
Gears 5 is 1 year old and Witcher 3 is 5 years old, both getting free upgrades. Stop excusing this kind of greed.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Better not be the case for games released this year. i want my free upgrade for The Last of Us Part II.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
This isn't exactly surprising. Sure it sucks. However, if significant work goes into these editions I'm not complaining too hard. The price at the end of the day is an extra $10 for the upgrade. It's a really great value for gamers that didn't purchase the first game.

What I find weird in this case is how the upgraded version of Spider-Man is locked behind a MM digital delux edition and not sold separately.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Beginning of this next gen is like the beginning of PS4 gen. Xbox messed up Sony did everything right, but now everything is vice versa...
If you think this is remotely comparable, I'd seek a history lesson.

Yup. The problem is that it's been marketed as only available in the Ultimate Edition.

I wouldn't mind a $20 upgrade path.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
this year really is the year of unlimited bad news.

i vastly would've preferred unlimited rice pudding.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Yeah. I'd have been tempted to buy MM on PS4 if I could buy the Ultimate Edition and roll those over to PS5, since I'm not unboxing the PS5 until Christmas.

But, guess not.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Jokes on you Sony I stopped buying PS4 games in preparation of this strategy.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I get why they're doing it this way, but in this climate they'd genuinely probably get a better reception if they didn't remaster the game at all.

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
i wish i held out on grabbing GoT. it runs pretty bad on my base PS4 and i was hoping PS5 would get a patch.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon 4, Witcher 3, Sea of Thieves, Gears 5.
None of those games are remasters, are they? Those are just the same game run on a better machine.

Maybe people are confused about Spider-man? It's an actual remaster, like TLOU PS4. It's not just a port from PS4 to PS5, it has re-built assets and so on.