• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
zwSRC6U.png

EDIT:
I also just flipped the gradient, to make it a tad different... which I like
UeIq8rY.png

Last edited:

Nobility

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand...

Did Sony just show up to CES to give a PS5 logo and show a car prototype?

More than I expected.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of behind closed doors media meeting(s) going on for print publications running stories right before the big reveal at PlayStation Experience or whatever in a month.
Still confident in that fact that they are either gonna wait until E3 or near E3 to talk more about the PS5.

They have no reason to talk more about it any time soon.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Still confident in that fact that they are either gonna wait until E3 or near E3 to talk more about the PS5.

They have no reason to talk more about it any time soon.
I could see them going that route too; they could do the "announce when it's ready to pre-order" thing that has done so well for Apple over the years.

Imagine.. "And you can order it right now..." in a conference.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
don't tell me they spent some of their PlayStation profits on this car.

it looks nice though. would even look better come launch, if it ever releases.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This has to be Sony's worse CES presser ever. No new TV's shown, it was just repeated videos and cars and of course a mind blowing PS5 logo that no one expected. I usually watch the Sony CES presser for news of new model TV's and such and not even that.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
They really wanted to keep this short eh? No new oled lineup showcase, just a press release.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
HDMI 2.1 is built-in for select models:

For the upcoming next-generation gaming consoles, select new models will support 8K HDR (7,680 x 4,320) resolution, 4K (3,840 x 2,160) 120fps high frame rate and fast response time via HDMI inputs to deliver their maximum performance for a cutting-edge gaming experience.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
So the big, super high end expensive Z8H OLED and X900H LED are the only models to support HDMI 2.1? You figure they'd have more variety available with PS5 around the corner...geez.

Really wish that 48" OLED had HDMI 2.1...

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I somehow doubt Sony is getting into car manufacturing?

Seems more likely the concept car has more to do with the electronics inside than actually manufacturing cars; that just seems like it would be really weird for them to get into.