• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The timing might be inappropriate. Kind of tacky to try to unveil their new toy while every major city is on fire.

The US is not the world, but I see where you're coming from. Still, video games is pretty much universally accepted as a valid escape from reality/coping mechanism for the shitshow that is life.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The US is not the world, but I see where you're coming from. Still, video games is pretty much universally accepted as a valid escape from reality/coping mechanism for the shitshow that is life.

That's also my view on it. I think some good/fun news won't hurt in these times we live in.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This is a little but of a dream but I would love for Sony to continue to have the date planned for Thursday to show the PS5 but when it actually starts, it's Jim saying they're moving the event to the following week but wanted to say that PlayStation supports the cause and what they're doing to help since it's likely to have millions of viewers. The reach would be incredible and hopefully drive more support.

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
I think that is definitely starting to happen this cluster of chaos does not help any corporation. It's less the man actually going for a greater good but looking at how much worse this could get def in their best interests to put as much pressure as possible to take this on and help end some of this crap.

Indeed. Bottom lines will be hurt if this continues, and corporations cannot have that. I am not being a cynic, but we have see corps say this time and time again. Thanks for bringing visibility to the hashtag, but what are you gonna do. You have billions and politicians actually care about corps. Corps have to push civil rights cause the politicians dgaf.

Ok. I like this one a lot though

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I think, adressing it is better than delaying it. Because let's be real, this isn't going to go away anytime soon either.

Oct 27, 2017

This may be nothing more than corporate PR but anything amplifies and keeps attention on the protests is a good thing. Showing solidarity won't stop the PS5 from releasing or somehow cause gaming to cease to exist.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
They should put their foot where their mouth is and have some black characters in their first party games.

All of their first party titles have white protagonists - God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone.

This also applies to Microsoft.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
This is a little but of a dream but I would love for Sony to continue to have the date planned for Thursday to show the PS5 but when it actually starts, it's Jim saying they're moving the event to the following week but wanted to say that PlayStation supports the cause and what they're doing to help since it's likely to have millions of viewers. The reach would be incredible and hopefully drive more support.
Unfortunately this would lead to the exact opposite.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm not going to mock any company that denounces the continued violence perpetrated by American police against black citizens.

I wish these companies had the same gumption to denounce hate against women and the LGBTQIA community during Gamergate.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I think if there was gonna be a delay in the digital event, they probably would have mentioned it in this bunch of tweets.

grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
I know, I know hail corporate, this is all talk until they put actions behind these words, but still much respect.

But personally: Please, all that is holy, please have racists boycott PS5 and XSX. I swear I'll take the hit switching from PC if I don't have to deal with racist fucks online.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I think, adressing it is better than delaying it. Because let's be real, this isn't going to go away anytime soon either.
This is how I kinda view it as well. Sure, delay it, but to when? These protests aren't gonna end any time soon, there's no reason for them to and the authorities for sure are not gonna give one.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
c15f40f1920e4d62cf77e79b3951d897.png

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
This may be nothing more than corporate PR but anything amplifies and keeps attention on the protests is a good thing. Showing solidarity won't stop the PS5 from releasing or somehow cause gaming to cease to exist.

If Sony addresses the issue in their show, then that will have more of a positive impact than postponing the entire thing. Seriously, just a few seconds of support on a thing like this is huge.

AGUACATE

May 22, 2020
[QUOTE = "Yuntu, publicación: 35537955, miembro: 61170"]
¿Qué dijo la EM? Realmente no los estoy siguiendo en Twitter y no estoy al tanto de todo esto con respecto a quién dijo qué y cuándo.
[/CITAR]
twitter.com

Microsoft on Twitter

“More from CEO @satyanadella on empathy, compassion, and the need to drive change: https://t.co/i0Chbs1k2i”

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): Utilizing racist rhetoric to victim blame minorities for their oppression. Long list of prior infractions including sexism, alt-right rhetoric and ableism.

Exactly. Unfortunately this will not end any time soon although needs to. Destroying and terrorizing cities is not the answer to the problem. I think this is going to make race relations a lot worse.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not going to mock any company that denounces the continued violence perpetrated by American police against black citizens.

I wish these companies had the same gumption to denounce hate against women and the LGBTQIA community during Gamergate.
I def agree. I do wonder if this does turn into an era of morally responsible companies. But that's a pipe dream.