• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
"PlayStation Presents Live Show"

So wait, if they aren't doing a conference then what is this?

Anyway, always excited to see more of GoT.
"Sony will host a series stage events dubbed "PlayStation Presents Live Show TGS 2019" over the course of Tokyo Game Show 2019, which will feature gameplay demonstrations of upcoming titles by the development staff. These stage events will be live streamed."

This was from Gematsu: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/sony-outlines-tgs-2019-plans

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Super excited to see more of Death Stranding and Yakuza. Curious as to what they have to show regarding GT Sport.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017

509027673461227542.png

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for Death Stranding and FF7R live stage event. Hopefully they show some new gameplay stuff for both.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
well this game is set in japan, so it makes sense to showcase it here.
Yes, but the game is gonna sell mainly in the west which would make it weird to release a new trailer after a year of waiting for Japan (unless of course they have another trailer lined up for the west which is both cool and unlikely)
edit: just saw the tweet, RIP dream.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sept 12. So close.
Can't wait, but I feel sad for GoT after Sekiro.
Two entirely different kinds of games trying to achieve different things, not sure what is there to feel sorry about. Both can do their own thing extremely well and be enjoyable in their own rights without either taking away anything from the other (unless you're foolishly hoping for Ghost to offer more of Sekiro). Comparing the two is like comparing Bushido Blade to Samurai Shodown.

AshGambit

Sep 4, 2019
Oof, an old trailer. Wonder if it's a PS5 launch title at the point, been so long since we've seen new stuff.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I can really understand sony wanting to blow their load big time next year but this is getting old fast.

Showing new stuff for TloU, MediEvil, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. isn't taking away anything for their big PS5 launch show. A handfull of real next gen games is more than enough. There's no need to be this hush about upcoming PS4 titles.

Except if this isn't a PS4 title anymore...

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I can really understand sony wanting to blow their load big time next year but this is getting old fast.

Showing new stuff for TloU, MediEvil, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. isn't taking away anything for their big PS5 launch show. A handfull of real next gen games is more than enough. There's no need to be this hush about upcoming PS4 titles.

Except if this isn't a PS4 title anymore...
To me I feel like they are doing "promoting one game at a time" policy...
Days Gone PR until launch -> Death Stranding PR until launch -> TLoU2/GoT PR until launch,etc.

saiko

Keeper of the White Materia
Nov 4, 2017
At this point, I think it's safe to assume GoT will be a PS5 launch title. They already have plenty to send off the PS4 with TLoU2 and Death Stranding so it just makes sense.

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any GoT footage since before the previous TGS?

I remember when it was announced they were talking about not wanting to have such a big gap between announcement and release, that went well.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Sad about GoT, but I can't wait to see more of Yakuza and Nioh 2.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
wtf are they doing with this game?
They have no obligation to please us at every show and to push the team to crank up new HQ stuff for public consumptino every few months.

Marketing will start it when they are ready, and maybe when some other big titles are out. I presume TLOU2 and GoT will start their marketing cycles after Death Stranding.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You would think SP would make a bit of effort for TGS given this is a game set in Japan and draws heavily on the country's lore, but no dice.

Oct 27, 2017
To me I feel like they are doing "promoting one game at a time" policy...
Days Gone PR until launch -> Death Stranding PR until launch -> TLoU2/GoT PR until launch,etc.
Yep, this is very much the pattern that seems to be emerging now with Playstation exclusive titles since 2018. They appear to now want to keep the reveal, promotion, release cycle for each of their games in production defined rather than muddy the waters. I get the sense we won't see Tsushima again until after that Death Stranding release. We may get something from TLoU2 before then, but even that is slightly doubtful with their current strategy.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
No new trailer for Ghost of Tsushima sucks but i'm sure Nioh 2 will bring the goods so i'm still hyped.