• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
cringe shit

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
ALL cosmetics for ALL heroes, new or old, being 30 day exclusives to PlayStation is fucking bullshit.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I didn't even know there was an Avengers game coming, the recent news has brought the game to my attention.

Free hype for the game I guess.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just waiting for Xbox to announce exclusive John Wick costume in Cyberpunk any time now.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Sony getting heat for these exclusive deals is weird. It's square who gave them the option to do this. Sony is just getting benefits for its players.
Yeah somehow people on here act like Sony held a gun to Squares head or something. Sony just trying to bring more value to their platform and this exclusive game is universal in the industry and through many other mediums.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Imagine paying $60 USD for an inferior game. Not even technically like on a weaker console...content wise. You're paying equal money for less.

Dusk22

Dec 4, 2017
Denver
more people that buy a playstation to play this game= more people buying a PS+ subscription to play this game online = $$$ for Sony.

and logic would indicate that more exclusives will move more consoles and more PS+ subs.
Yup, had this game preordered on Xbox. I own both. I cancelled my Xbox preorder and was going to get it on PS4, but then I remembered I don't have PS Plus. Now I think I just won't bother with it.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Small cosmetic stuff is not so bad, but combined with something as big as Spider-Man as a playable character they really do try to make other versions look inferior.

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
XBOX and PC players

may i have some post release content too pretty please mr sony?

Sony

fuck this exclusive bullshit maaaaaaaaaaan

Oct 28, 2019
I am againt timed exclusives and these things, but this seems just cosmetic shit that happens always in some games.
Fortnite for exemple has this in all consoles with exclusive skins, plus in cellphones with Samsungs.
Not trying to defend this tho, it's dumb and funny, just explaining

Yup, this is fine

Revelling in the disappointment of others while in other threads posting "concern" about a double price tag for online multiplayer on Xbox, what a class act you are.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't felt this turned off about moneyhatting in-game content since Street Fighter X Tekken had *5* exclusive characters on Playstation. lol

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Gross because of cosmetic items that won't affect the Xbox or PC people? Some of y'all are taking this way too seriously.
The culmination of it and Spidey being exclusive. I honestly assumed it wouldbe exclusive costumes from the get go, but never imagined an entire character. Can you not see how this is a slippery slope? The only xbox system I even own is a 360, and I am firmly entrenched in the Sony camp, but I still see how this is shitty and I don't want it to continue throughout the next gen. This will ripple everywhere which will be annoying. And taking things too seriously, you're on a fucking enthusiast gaming forum...

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
if it was just this kind of stuff, no one would be bothered. but locking spidey out was a shitty move.

this? doesn't bother me one bit.

Dusk22

Dec 4, 2017
Denver
Xbox has 22 timed exclusives, you're gonna support this bullshit anyway. Don't try to act like you have a bigger moral because of that. This is business, Xbox does, Sony does, Nintendo does. Sony just can do more.
If the game is going to be exclusive, then just be exclusive. This is like a sports game coming out and one team is exclusive to another platform. Dumb as hell.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait to see how the narrative changes on this one! Is this also due to some vague rights Sony possibly might have on Spider-Man?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Dear publisher, if a good chunk of the content is timed exclusive for your title, and you're letting me know well in advance, why should I get your title at launch?

giphy.gif

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Square Enix definitely doesn't want me to buy this on PC so I won't buy it. There are other games.