• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
MS at TGS: we are excited to bring you news of games but don't expect any series x news

Sony: we are excited to showcase certain psvr titles but don't expect any ps5 news

Cocktease can only last so long until i become erectile dysfunction.

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
This whole next gen reveal period has been so pathetic, its like they are ashamed of this thing.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Can you imagine being the social media manager and being told to do a whole week on PSVR crap right now? Good grief.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Fucking finally! They've been really quiet on the PSVR front so far, I don't want another PS Vita situation to happen here.

For someone like me who absolutely loves VR and has zero interest in the PS5 (graphical upgrades aren't that exciting since I have a half-decent gaming PC), this is exactly what I wanted from them <3

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
So Sony is absolutely refusing to go first with announcing the price? Damn this game of price chicken must have MS like this right about now...

giphy.gif

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Who cares about VR right now? Are they just trying to get rid of all the dusty stock? Seriously investing in PSVR right now is a waste of time.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It's good to hear that PSVR will still be supported but I actually laughed that the tease for PS5 is still continuing.

To save myself the hassle I think I'll just wait until Mid-October before they announce anything. It better be good.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
This game of chicken between Sony and Microsoft continues to be hilarious. It almost feels like it would me mutually beneficial to launch these next gen systems next year due to pandemic-related delays/hardship, but neither company wants to give the other an edge.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
IMO They r waiting for MS to go first and wont budge till lets say a supposed deadline in October. If by October X MS doesn't say anything then they will proceed

i can flip the words between MS and Sony in your posts and it will be the same.

Deadlock situation.

Slide1.jpg

it's almost like both sides are ashame of the price of their products.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I guess this makes sense, getting PS4 out of the way and giving them time to make the headlines. If this was held after a Ps5 event people would care even less.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
When I read the thread title, I assumed that it'd involve information about how PlayStation VR would make the jump to PlayStation 5. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it's nothing related to PlayStation 5, but I feel as though Sony's weird decisions surrounding announcements are getting to be a bit much.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I guess they have to seperate VR from PS5 since they have 2 different tasks going on at the same time. One is they want people to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 as soon as possible but they don't want to release PSVR2 just yet. All I can say is great timing and just another blunt/trolling attempt to delay the price announcement of the PS5.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm seriously starting to question whether that June event was actually really! I mean those games were the stuff of dreams too good to be true. maybe the PS5 actually doesn't exist

FUCK

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ERA: "It's all about the games"

Sony: "We have some cool new game announcements coming, but won't be talking about upcoming hardware"

ERA: "Sony is trolling us, nobody wants to hear about games!!!"

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
So this does not just mean no PS5 news this week, but also no announcement either, right?

HanzSnubSnub

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation is just trolling now, they know how hungry we are and they just said this week is a write off lol

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
At this point I think both are just hoping/waiting for their price to leak. I swear. There is no price announcement planned. Each day, they inform a new person about the price, hoping that will be the one who finally leaks it.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's Twitter next week: Join us this week for a celebration of PS Vita.

I'm fine with the VR stuff btw, I love VR.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Not expecting it but still hope to see a VR game running on PS5.

Otherwise down to hear what they got and hope Dino Frontier goes on sale

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Lol. Legitimately can't help but laugh every week we get a glimpse into just how far Sony and MS are willing to go to not announce price and release. At this rate they'll go back to PS3 and 360 for news or some shit.

Jan 9, 2018
Thankfully I'm still having too much fun with Avengers and Tony Hawk to care. Good for people that care about VR and they might start talking about the next gen of VR

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like you'd be a fool to jump in on PSVR now if you don't already have one. It's so far behind everything on the market, and there's surely another headset somewhere on the horizon. I'm interested in upcoming PSVR games, but we need a new headset before I'll jump back in.