• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

From PS Blog:

"So to manage expectations, there'll be no PS5-related news"

This week sees new reveals and updates on upcoming games, as well as a VR-focused PS Store promotion .

Hey all. Over the next few days, we're going to spotlight some upcoming games coming to PlayStation VR, including some announcements and updates for previously revealed PS VR titles.

It kicks off today at 3pm BST / 4pm CEST / 7am PST, and we'll have further updates to share each day at the same time through to Friday.

And as mentioned, this is all about the games. So to manage expectations, there'll be no PS5-related news.

There'll also be a PS VR promotion on PS Store kicking off this week. Read on for more!

PlayStation Store PS VR sale

Starting this Wednesday, September 9, PS Store will be hosting a PS VR promotion. This sale will showcase the diverse range of experiences only possible on the platform with a range of titles available at a discounted price for a limited time*.

That includes titles such as:

Arizona Sunshine
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Blood & Truth
Borderlands 2 VR
Everybody's Golf VR
Farpoint
Firewall Zero Hour
L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
Superhot VR
Tetris Effect
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

From Wednesday, September 9, head on to PS Store from your PS4 or browser to check out the full sale list when the sale goes live.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Sans_titre-1.png

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
At least they were kind enough to tell us not to expect anything this week.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"And as mentioned, this is all about the games. So to manage expectations, there'll be no PS5-related news."

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I want to get PS5 news as much as the next guy, but I am still excited for this.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
After Amazon Germany enabling that "Alert" button on the PS5 product page, i really thought there was some update done and the price might be near ...

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people care when PS5 stuff is announced. It makes zero difference if you find out the price in August, September, or October.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
there is your sept 9th event lol
lmao!
Sony are Rick Rolling us right now.

Ok, who else is pissed they had so much success with PS4? If not for that PS5 be pre ordered by now.

I'm kidding....but damn.....

I do need to get off the demo disc and play some full VR games tho.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I still don't understand why they focus so much on VR when it sold less than the fucking Vita and the development is way more expensive

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Great news for me. It's starting to get cold enough to wear the headset without sweating buckets so I might pick up a game or two if the deals are good. It's great that they keep supporting existing platforms and this is unrelated to the PS Quintuple. Chill.

Last edited:

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I sold my PSVR headset cause I'm waiting for a (much) improved PSVR2 for PS5 sooo.. nothing to see here for me.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
This week is Ubisoft's, which makes sense. No point in sharing the limelight when you could go next week, for instance.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
On the real, is this console getting delayed? I feel like with less than two months to go or whatever we imagine, this will be kind of difficult to put out.