• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Figured someone else would be making uncharted with how 4 ended. Big question is, does it continue from where lost legacy left off or go somewhere else?

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Time for Drake to ruin some Asian temples in search of the mystical MacGuffin! Which he shall leave behind because he's a good guy!
I don't think Drake is the main character this time. Victoria Grace and Kaitlyn Dever (Cassie Drake), will be the two new protagonists.

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Wouldn't mind that, but if they're milking it I don't know why they wouldn't just go with Nate. He has far more appeal than the other characters. Maybe a game with his daughter.
Uncharted 4 put a line under a game led by Nate unless they either retcon the ending and have him do another adventure between the events of A Thief's End story and the Epilogue, do a game where he is much younger, or do a game where he has another adventure after he's retired from the business.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
It's been what? 5 years since UC4 and about 4 since they've started to assemble a new team in San Diego?
Either we'll hear an announcement in a year from now or something isn't going well.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
If it's Uncharted this team has got some big shoes to fill. They have to come out of the gate swinging on their first try or will devalue the brand and get slammed by critics and gamers.
I can imagine continuing such a beloved franchise, with those quality standards, is a daunting task! Good luck to them.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
For everyone saying Uncharted I am pretty sure Shinobi implied this team is not working on that

Nerix

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, then ND is free for something new? Would love to see some space adventure from them, something in the direction of Interstellar or even further into the future.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Uncharted 4 put a line under a game led by Nate unless they either retcon the ending and have him do another adventure between the events of A Thief's End story and the Epilogue, do a game where he is much younger, or do a game where he has another adventure after he's retired from the business.
Prequel would be a mistake, look at GoW Ascension. Their best bet is Chloe gang with addition of Sully. Or timeskip and get Cassie with assist from older Chloe I think

Nice, then ND is free for something new? Would love to see some space adventure from them, something in the direction of Interstellar or even further into the future.
ND is making TLoU3 if Uncharted can get 4 ND games, no way TLoU wouldn't at least get a trilogy

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
A newly formed studio starting with an Uncharted reboot? Wouldn't be an easy task for Naughty Dog.

All right, well, good luck with that.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
I would kill for a new Locoroco game, but I know it won't happen (and it's not AAA either, so this is probably Uncharted or maybe a Horizon spin-off or something like that with a higher mass market appeal).

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm guessing Uncharted or Killzone. I don't think there's a lot of interest in Infamous (as much as I loved it).

edit: I forgot Resistance, but that didn't really catch on.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Very old rumor mentioned they will work on new Uncharted games. Drake's story is done, but new games could still be made. I hope they will go to past and follow adventures of his mother. She helped find all that loot shown in U4.

Also, there is a distinct lack of FPS 1st party games now after the death of Killzone IP.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I do not think they consider many of their IP worth making sequels to unfortunately so I doubt they will do something really surprising. Uncharted is going to get dumped eventually, but not right away. I would absolutely love a young Sully game like most people in here.

Oct 27, 2017
What they should do is make Sully based uncharted when he was young like the flashback chapters in 3.

That Sully sounds like a blast (I wouldn't mind an older Sully too though).

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds totally like "studio that'll make sequels, allowing the original studio who made those games to move on to other projects"

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I guess it is a in the OP. How exciting! Just what Sony's first party was missing...
Uncharted just makes too much sense. I mean, U4 is on its way to 20 million copies sold. Then we have the fact the VASG has the experience after working closely with Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica on Uncharted, TLOU and God of War. And they said they wanna use the tools, assets, etc. they got after working on these games. Working on an existing IP makes too much sense for this brandnew team.
That sounds totally like "studio that'll make sequels, allowing the original studio who made those games to move on to other projects"
Sound smore like "the original studio already did move on, but the last mainline game sold almost 20 million copies, so Sony wants more games in this franchise" 😁