• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Inflammatory generalizations
America is too good for you, SonicFox. The fuckers in your country are going to push Biden through, he is going to lose to Trump (because of course he is), and it is all because the bougie fucking democrats in power don't want to upset the insurance companies lining their pockets (and, of course, they couldn't give a shit if tens of thousands of people die yearly because they are too poor to afford proper medical care).

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I lazily just put trump in my question instead of actually thinking it through. Instead of my question taking a meaning of just picking a candidate to endorse it automatically changed due to the person I used and I understand that mistake. My question was honestly about just choosing a candidate in general I should have said any other democratic candidate as that would have made more sense. I truly feel awful because I didn't mean for it to upset people and I am the dope who didn't realize using that person would cause an uproar like this.

The answer to the question is still the same, though. People would have rooted or booed SonicFox according to their own preference for the candidate SonicFox mentioned. Actually that's not true; a lot of people would have used "don't bring politics into videogame events" too; who are we kidding. The point is that the "rule" itself is wrong; it's past time we acknowledged it only ever favors those in power.

The only thing banning all political messages ever does is evening the field between actually valid political messages like minority visibility and acceptance, and messages that are invalid per se like racism. Banning every political message excuses you from having to determine what is acceptable and what isn't, which is a very comfortable position for corporations and event organizers to hold, but that convenience comes at the cost of quite literal amorality.

Just when I think I couldn't love them even more

Right? :D

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The answer to the question is still the same, though. People would have rooted or booed SonicFox according to their own preference for the candidate SonicFox mentioned. Actually that's not true; a lot of people would have used "don't bring politics into videogame events" too; who are we kidding. The point is that the "rule" itself is wrong; it's past time we acknowledged it only ever favors those in power.

The only thing banning all political messages ever does is evening the field between actually valid political messages like minority visibility and acceptance, and messages that are invalid per se like racism. Banning every political message excuses you from having to determine what is acceptable and what isn't, which is a very comfortable position for corporations and event organizers to hold, but that convenience comes at the cost of quite literal amorality.

Right? :D
Seeing your answer makes me realize how stupid of a question it was. I have actually learned allot from this and thank you especially with the proper ways of using the pronouns. I was clueless on all of this and now am not

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
America is too good for you, SonicFox. The fuckers in your country are going to push Biden through, he is going to lose to Trump (because of course he is), and it is all because the bougie fucking democrats in power don't want to upset the insurance companies lining their pockets (and, of course, they couldn't give a shit if tens of thousands of people die yearly because they are too poor to afford proper medical care).
What are you talking about? All Bernie has to do is get more votes in this incredibly fair and unbiased election process.

Also, good on Sonicfox

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I hope nobody attacks SonicFox. There have been a lot of resentment against Bernie supporters lately (see the primary thread in Era). I've been trying to calm people down and get them to see the supporters as individuals and not a monolith. However, that isn't working and people still want to generalize and dehumanize the side they disagree with. Sigh...

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
I was expecting sonic fox to be a lot more energetic here than just a simple "vote Bernie." From the way people have been hyping that I was expecting full a Kanye Mic Steal moment but about voting Bernie which would have been amazing to see

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
SonicFox is the best thing to happen to the FGC, and perhaps gaming in general. An absolute legend, and simply a good person.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe SonicFox will be that difference to make young voters actually vote. Bernie is going to need all the help he can get at this point.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

EDIT: Beaten

Sonic is cool, they cool. I do wonder if they are gonna be at EVO for DBFZ. I think that was the only tournament they couldn't win still, only 2nd?

Oct 25, 2017
I hope nobody attacks SonicFox. There have been a lot of resentment against Bernie supporters lately (see the primary thread in Era). I've been trying to calm people down and get them to see the supporters as individuals and not a monolith. However, that isn't working and people still want to generalize and dehumanize the side they disagree with. Sigh...
Sonicfox a black furry with a public presence the attacks will never ever stop

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about? All Bernie has to do is get more votes in this incredibly fair and unbiased election process.

Also, good on Sonicfox

tenor.gif

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had even a quarter of the guts they have.

I'd never be able to express myself the way they down. SonicFox, you're awesome.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Sonicfox and all the amazing furry friends I have are the reason I identify as furry and not as gamer or weeb despite liking all of them. Most of those from the last two communities are trash.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
I doubt MK and video game players care about politics or go vote in general though, especially with so many 70+ year old candidates.

SonicFox is a black queer person, unfortunately that means the internet already has a target on their back.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
He's going to lose to Trump but beat Bernie in the key states. Weird logic.

Either way good for SonicFox for always speaking up about the important shit. They are a rare breed in the community tbh.