• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Dominique "SonicFox" McLean took home the first prize trophy — a large hammer — at Mortal Kombat Final Kombat 2020, and while they didn't get a proper acceptance speech, they did manage to grab the microphone and tell everyone watching to vote for democratic primary candidate Bernie Sanders.
It's not surprising that they got political on stage, as they've done it before, namely at The Game Awards in 2018. "I'm gay, black, a furry — pretty much everything a Republican hates," McLean said after accepting the award for Esports Player of the Year.
https://www.polygon.com/2020/3/9/21...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

SonicFox stays being the GOAT.

Oct 25, 2017
A true role model. I saw them at MAG Fest a couple months ago and it was incredible to meet someone with such a genuine appreciation for their fans. We need more people like this in competitive gaming

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Nothing but respect for sonicfox, really sets an example for gaming culture that I wish more people would pay attention too.

Last edited:

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Ninja could definitely learn a thing or two from them... You know what? Make that a thousand things instead.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Hero the FGC doesn't deserve. They're so young still too, SonicFox probably has a bright future in charity/politics, honestly.

Nothing but respect for sonicfox, he really sets an example for gaming culture that I wish more people woul

SonicFox uses they/them pronouns. I know you didn't mean bad, just a reminder

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see prominent gamers be willing to show progressive politics in a world with a lot sadly alt-right nonsense online.

Though a little late for pushing Bernie now that Biden has a virtual insurmountable lead in the primary and probably wraps it up tomorrow lol.

K_Jay

alt account
Banned
Feb 24, 2020
Good on SonicFox for staying godlike.

Good on NRS for not pulling a Blizzard and letting Sonic be Sonic all these years.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing Blizzard wasnt running the tournament, he would have been tackled and had that hammer ripped from his hands

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Fox is a legend and one of the best representatives of the FGC and it's future. Can always count on them.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Christ. Spoilers mean nothing on this board now? I was watching the winners semis now fuck it.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
SonicFox is one of the best and most positive public faces in gaming, and they will continue to be.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
So when are NRS gonna take the money away and ban him... oh wait this isn't blizzard and he wasn't political about China

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they didnt would OP have told them to "fuck off"?

Last edited: