• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if a black gay furry is too much to handle to see so much people hating SonicFox speech here

Lots of GamerGaters dog whistles too

LastCupOfBullets

Alt account
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding prejudice and intolerance
Pretty sure everyone who says "keep politics out of gaming" is a straight white dude including you.

Yeah, don't mind that I am a gamer for over thirty years. That has nothing to do with my opinion. Instead, it is easier for all of you to hurl insults and falsities at me. Crazy a 3-dacade long gamer just wants to talk about the games. I am such a horrible gamergater, whatever that is.

People are in here, a lot of you, pushing agendas of intolerance and hate of others. The irony is not lost on me here as a bystander watching the conversation from afar.

I think all of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves and the non-empathetic BS your pushing. Not one of you are respecting one another's valid points or arguments.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, don't mind that I am a gamer for over thirty years. That has nothing to do with my opinion. Instead, it is easier for all of you to hurl insults and falsities at me. Crazy a 3-dacade long gamer just wants to talk about the games. I am such a horrible gamergater, whatever that is.

People are in here, a lot of you, pushing agendas of intolerance and hate of others. The irony is not lost on me here as a bystander watching the conversation from afar.

I think all of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves and the non-empathetic BS your pushing. Not one of you are respecting one another's valid points or arguments.

Yes yes, "I don't even know what a gamergator is" we've seen it a million times you are not fooling anybody here.

Oct 26, 2017
Everything is political, but for some people outside of the US like me it's amusing to watch this constant 'war' you're having between the left and the right because you're all very vocal about it, regardless of the situation.

It's not quite like that here, but then again we don't have Trump for president.

People are literally dying because of the Republican party and their policies. It's not fucking "amusing" at all

Best wishes to Sonic Fox and hope he continues to have a good time gaming!

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, don't mind that I am a gamer for over thirty years. That has nothing to do with my opinion. Crazy a 3-dacade long gamer just wants to talk about the games. I am such a horrible gamergater, whatever that is.

I think all of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves and the non-empathetic BS your pushing.
"I just wanna talk about my gaaaaaaames :'("
Truly the most oppressed class is the gamer. Everyone else suffering should do it out of sight because honestly this is a GAMEZ forum.

"Stop calling me a gamergater. I mean uh not like I know what that is!"
Nobody is buying the shit you're peddling. Try to be a bit more subtle.

Oct 25, 2017

I've been gaming for almost 30 years, and one thing I learned in those years of gaming is

Fuck outta conversations that you don't want to participate in haha, like why the fuck do ya care about this conversation happening if you want to talk about games

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
I've been gaming for almost 30 years, and one thing I learned in those years of gaming is

Fuck outta conversations that you don't want to participate in haha, like why the fuck do ya care about this conversation happening if you want to talk about games

No, you see, he has been gaming for over 30 years, which means he can pull rank on you. Or something, because fuck if I know why how long you've been a gamer is relevant.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have time to read the whole thread so sorry if it's been mentioned, but he's gone from just under 50k Twitter followers before his speech to now being on 115k, lol.

I loved it and I'll be paying more attention to him in the future. It was so genuine and it was really great to see him be so open like that. I don't think he should have called out republicans, but I'm not gonna criticise him for doing it.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Fuck off with this shit. WE are the ones pushing for intolerance? Lmao, just put the TV on foxnews for a while and hear all the intolerant crap constantly said about women, lgbtq, PoC, etc. There's no valid argument there to discuss, it's just hate camouflaged with pretty words.

Grow a pair and realize that you're not the one that suffers real discrimination and violence mister 30 years-in-gaming guy. Everything is political, if people can push for respect on this medium (and this forum) they should, snd that's not an "agenda", it's simple human decency. Get out.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea about this Gamers Gate tomfoolery you younguns are on about, but don't you guys think we shouldn't be so judgemental of people with different political opinions that don't directly harm me, the white man?

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea about this Gamers Gate tomfoolery you younguns are on about, but don't you guys think we shouldn't be so judgemental of people with different political opinions that don't directly harm me, the white man?
You're the real Shy Guy here. Please get your doppelganger under control

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
SonicFox was my favorite person at the awards, I love him.

I'm not a Republican, but to say Republicans hate Blacks and Gays is incredibly misguided and immature.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes at thinking being hated for being furry is the same as getting hate for being gay or black

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a Republican, but to say Republicans hate Blacks and Gays is incredibly misguided and immature.
Republicans support cops who murder unarmed black men, and they were salty as hell when same-sex marriage was legalized across the country 3 years ago. If they don't actually hate "blacks and gays," then they are doing a bang-up job of making it appear that they do.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

Then explain why Republicans constantly pass policies that specifically try to limit the voting rights of blacks and take away civil rights from gays.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Congrats. I'm not super familiar with them, but I've heard nothing but good things about them and they seem like a really cool person.

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

Teach these devils!!!

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Republicans are literally working right now to restrict the powers of incoming democrats and to also restrict early voting, which targets VERY SPECIFIC DEMOGRAPHICS. Actively doing it. They do not like the people who benefit from this, those people know this too, hence wanting to make sure they do not have a say because their say is unambiguously to bin the republicans off.

Conservative politics are one of the worlds greatest blights. When America bins it off, it will do better. The UK has gone to shit with Conservatives in charge, it will also be better without it.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I like how people think inclusion and calling out bigotry is always political. It would not have to be this way if you lived in an inclusive and accepting society that did not kill and abuse minorities. Get over yourself and your "private" sphere of games. Games have always been political to a degree and everything that happens in our lives is formed by politics. Stop living in a bubble.

I like Sonicfox because he speaks out his mind and does not care of what others think. It is very healthy to have him representing gamers. M

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I like how people think inclusion and calling out bigotry is always political. It would not have to be this way if you lived in an inclusive and accepting society that did not kill and abuse minorities. Get over yourself and your "private" sphere of games. Games have always been political to a degree and everything that happens in our lives is formed by politics. Stop living in a bubble.

I like Sonicfox because he speaks out his mind and does not care of what others think. It is very healthy to have him representing gamers.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't.

Name me 1 single current policy that restricts Black voting or their civil rights. I'll wait.
That's easy--the gutting of the VRA by the Supreme Court and it's ramifications to this day, leading to Republicans being able to close polls in all kind of black-heavy (and other minority-heavy) areas:
https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/shelby-county-one-year-later
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ho-Knows-How-Many-Voters-the-Legacy-of-Shelby
https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/effects-shelby-county-v-holder
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/how-shelby-county-broke-america/564707/

voting_restrictions_itsizo.png

closed_polling_placesr4d3r.jpg

That's also without even touching on say all the fucked up stuff that happened in this just passed Georgia's governor's race:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/19/us/politics/georgia-voter-suppression.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...dab6c2-cd9b-11e8-a3e6-44daa3d35ede_story.html

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

Fuck. Republicans.

Oct 25, 2017
... when the fuck did I say anything in favor of that shit? Quit desperately trying to uncover something. Also nice implication in that last post by only mentioning how he's gay and black so that's why I called him cringe ant not because he's a FURRY.
It's just funny to people that you don't have a problem with one but do with the other. Cringe cringe cringe!

That tweet is solid gold, also.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
This pretty much sums up the world:

https://newsthump.com/2018/12/07/wh...ism-homophobia-and-racism-all-sorted-out-now/

People are not enjoying having their world-view challenged where they feel everything is all sorted out now, getting upset about certain topics being talked about. The reaction? Straight off to conservative politics. Don't change anything! Everything is ok for me! Stop talking about these things and rubbing it in my face!

Oct 27, 2017
I have nothing against furries (even if they find them weird) but that suit was just too much. A bit more classiness would suit him more.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought being a furry meant some sort of sexual arousal from humanized animal dress up. Not just cosplay.

Oct 25, 2017
I have nothing against furries (even if they find them weird) but that suit was just too much. A bit more classiness would suit him more.
Compared to what? Geoffs semi-tuxedo trash outfit? Every oversized suit with a missing neck-tie from corporate overlords up on stage spouting pre-written marketing ploys? Come on now. There was no classiness aside from parts of the live music to be had at this show, and SonicFox fit right in while also having one of the few genuine moments up on stage!

Oct 28, 2017
England
Oh my, you guys just love to pounce on anyone eh? I'm no Republican and who said I was their ally? Nobody can say shit is what I get. Everyone just wants to fight. Typical internet bullshit. I'm outta here.
okay, sorry, I'm from Canada but go to the USA alot. I'm pretty sure I've met a bunch of Trump voters of different ethnicities who seemed like pretty regular people. Wasnt Hillary against gay rights and marriage ,too or did I misread that in the news. Sorry for any derailment , It seems like American voters had some pretty poor choices this time around. This is all from a Canadian perspective so I'm sorry if i'm off base
Everything is political, but for some people outside of the US like me it's amusing to watch this constant 'war' you're having between the left and the right because you're all very vocal about it, regardless of the situation.

It's not quite like that here, but then again we don't have Trump for president.

My, we've grown an odd crop of ill-informed users posting hot-takes in this thread, haven't we?

Very hard to watch. But I get it...

Question is, where was his publicist?

How many sponsors, if any did he lose tonight?

If he anybody stops sponsoring him for pointing out Republicans are bigots, I doubt very much that he'd want their money.

As a Libertarian personally it really does bother me to see people cheer this sort of divisive stereotyping.

Everyone deserves our respect and our consideration. Intersectionality is a self-destructive force however. People should not categorize themselves based on their immutable characteristics: they should do so based on their thoughts and opinions.

We are characterising Republicans based on their thoughts and opinions. It's not our fault they've chosen to have shitty thoughts and opinions.

There are respectable people on both sides. Not all of them, and perhaps not even most of them. But we have much to learn from each other, regardless of our political leanings—and until we come to accept that, the division we're currently experiencing as a nation (and the destruction of the social fabric) is never going to heal.

Take it or leave it, but from the perspective of someone who is socially liberal and fiscally conservative, there is a lot wrong with both "sides" right now.

"Respectable people on both sides". Where have I heard that before... ah, yes, it was the current Republican President. Now, what was the context in which he was saying that again... hmm... ah, now I remember!

GettyImages-830617844-1024x683.jpg

Luckily, galv 's post from earlier has you covered:

He didn't say anything that was factually incorrect.

He's black: The Republican party has been pretty fucking clear about its stance towards Black issues including their stance against Black Lives Matter protests, their support of white supremacists in Charlottesville and their support of Confederate statues to name a few. Not to mention the Republican base's utterly vile and racist "birther" conspiracies meant to delegitimize Barack Obama's presidency.

He's gay: The Republican party has been pretty fucking clear about its stance towards LGBTQ+ rights - the Vice President of the United States has advocated for shock therapy camps and "pray away the gay" camps. The party has also adamantly fought against gay marriage and transgender rights, with policies such as Trump's recent signing of a transgender ban in the US Military among other removal of rights.

To anyone who supports the Republican party or thinks "both sides" are equal, you are at best a piece of shit who blindly follows racist shit-stains...and at worst you are one.