• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I had only seen him on a few clips from FG tourneys and he kind of annoyed me but after his speech at the VGAs and seeing some folks retweet him I checked him out and the kid is dope as shit. I'm honestly embarrassed that I made that initial snap judgement about him.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I like the guy a lot but the furry suit at the TGA was a bit much lol. I didn't think it rude, though.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
I don't know if age has anything to do with it. It's a costume, it's a game event, I don't really see where rudeness comes in. People go to tournaments in cosplay as well.
If you watched evo or any other big event, people show up in all kinds of costumes. Theres no rules against dressing up for tournaments.
Cosplay is different, and it's usually tailored to the game at hand. It being his original character just makes it seem rude to me.
There's also a huge difference between a guy in a costume and a guy wearing a giant blue fox head

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the fur suit dont even register as rude when it come to measuring FGC rude-splosions

Bee.Cups

The Fallen
Visibility is definitely important for acceptance. Its one of the reasons I always make it very clear that I'm gay and wear a lesbian necklace and rainbow bracelet. Im a regular person you can hang out with AND I like girls. It's normal.
(Also If I make it clear I'm gay people dont get crushes on me and then get mad when I turn them down. I am so tired of being told I haven't found the right guy)

I think he should keep saying it. And I hope it makes more people feel comfortable saying it. Maybe one day we wont need to say it.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
All the people pressed about Sonicfox are hilarious. Gay has been a go-to slur and insult for these people since forever, but someone just being like "yep I'm gay, what of it" makes them so mad.

So many posts in this thread didn't make sense to me until I hit show ignored content and saw that stupid ass post lol

Hmm I think I've had this problem before. There should be a little "blocked comment quoted" notification at the start of posts that quote people you've got blocked. Maybe they're working on that.

Cosplay is different, and it's usually tailored to the game at hand. It being his original character just makes it seem rude to me.
There's also a huge difference between a guy in a costume and a guy wearing a giant blue fox head

How is cosplay different? A costume is a costume, regardless of the origins.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only perspective one could possibly construe a reasonable argument out of for SonicFox being rude is that wearing that mask is a heavy impairment to one's senses, i.e. he's playing handicapped. If you want to be super anal about sportsmanship, you could say that it's disrespectful of him to handicap himself while playing other players.

But he's not putting that mask on to handicap himself or sandbag, he's putting it on because he likes wearing it. So he's not doing it out of malice, and as far as I know, nobody gives a shit about him wearing it. If anything, if you're really into the competitive mindset, you'd prefer him wearing it because it gives you a slightly better chance at beating him.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

maybe you just need to yiff it out of your system

Zaitengrate

Banned
Dec 6, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Drive-by trolling in a sensitive thread; consistent history of low quality posts. Account in junior phase.
so, he's gay, so what? He deserves pat on the back or what?

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
The only perspective one could possibly construe a reasonable argument out of for SonicFox being rude is that wearing that mask is a heavy impairment to one's senses, i.e. he's playing handicapped. If you want to be super anal about sportsmanship, you could say that it's disrespectful of him to handicap himself while playing other players.

But he's not putting that mask on to handicap himself or sandbag, he's putting it on because he likes wearing it. So he's not doing it out of malice, and as far as I know, nobody gives a shit about him wearing it. If anything, if you're really into the competitive mindset, you'd prefer him wearing it because it gives you a slightly better chance at beating him.
if anything his power level RISES when he puts on the gloves and head piece, if his results are anything to go buy

unless you piss him off like Perfect Legend did, then he goes even FURTHER BEYOND

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why him saying he's gay is making people upset.

Also if him tweeting he's gay is making you upset,

One, why?
But two him saying he's gay is the least weird thing from his twitter that ends up on your timeline

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah at the core I know why, Bigotry. But I mean I dunno?

He's gay, ok. How does that effect your life, I have been watching this man and his friends deal with people upset with him saying he's gay all the time. Like I dunno , do other shit with your lives damn. Let this man be a gay blue fox

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
so, he's gay, so what? He deserves pat on the back or what?
giphy.gif

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
If that's how you want to interpret it then sure. I just want pro players to show respect to one another in the spirit of competition.

None of your explanations are not arbitrary. There is no difference between wearing a costume (which can consist of anything) and wear a blue fox head. None of what you're saying has a logical base where we can draw a line. That's why it's bullshit.

If the FGC itself actually gave a shit about this they'd have so many rules in place to enforce this. But they don't give a fuck. Dude wearing a giant head is not a big deal. His opponents are out here voicing their feelings of disrespect afterall.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Going to have to start telling people I was saying "I'm gay" before SonicFox made it cool.

His Twitter has been a delight to follow.