• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this. Why would feminists (some of these prominent/popular feminists) have some kind of hatred, resentment or bigotry towards very likely allies in the trans female community?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I will never understand why people flaunt their own ignorance or take pride in being out of the loop of social issues. Be better: fight the impulse for apathy, and for goodness sake, google shit you don't know. You're never too old to stop being part of the problem.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Oh I see. I misunderstood taht part of the post. Yes I agree with that message of course.

Anyway I dont think the post saying "this is how i deal with them" linking to a video of a woman being brutally dismembered and murdered should be celebrated like it is in this thread. It crosses a line imo. Just my $0.02.
And it's my 2 cents that you are enabling transphobic hatred by showing fake concern about non-existent misogyny. Fuck off with this concern trolling, just skip to the part where you throw slurs to my dm's.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
It's all a load of concern trolling, that's all it ever is.
And it's my 2 cents that you are enabling transphobic hatred by showing fake concern about non-existent misogyny. Fuck off with this concern trolling, just skip to the part where you throw slurs to my dm's.
What about my post would make you think I'm being disingenuous about thinking the use of that clip is uncalled for? I just think its gross to use a clip like that in this way. I'm not saying anything about Sonicfox being a misogynist, which would be a pretty ridiculous claim.

And I can assure you that any slur you imagine I might throw at you has already been thrown at me my entire life lol.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I see. I misunderstood taht part of the post. Yes I agree with that message of course.

Anyway I dont think the post saying "this is how i deal with them" linking to a video of a woman being brutally dismembered and murdered should be celebrated like it is in this thread. It crosses a line imo. Just my $0.02.

No dog fuck people like that who don't think I'm a real woman. They get no sympathy from me.

Also acting like that video was promoting violence against women is purposely misrepresenting the context of the video.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Here's a fun one then

QUILTBAG
giphy.gif

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
And I can assure you that any slur you imagine I might throw at you has already been thrown at me my entire life lol.
You've never had parents threaten you with conversion therapy. You've never been called a faggot by your own parents. You've never had a professor for your subject call you a tranny after seeing your facebook.

You are a hateful coward and you aren't welcome here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You've never had parents threaten you with conversion therapy. You've never been called a faggot by your own parents. You've never had a professor for your subject call you a tranny after seeing your facebook.

You are a hateful coward and you aren't welcome here.
Yes I have been called a faggot many times. Why are you jumping to so many conclusions about me.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Sad this needs to be said tbh. Fortunately, between SonicFox and Hbomberguy, I think the gaming community has been well-informed on the bizarre evil that is TERFs.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Don't follow much of SonicFox but everytime something does pop up he just seems like a great dude. The speech at the game awards was amazing.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
SonicFox continues to show that he's the only one who deserves a Gamer of the Year award.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
What about my post would make you think I'm being disingenuous about thinking the use of that clip is uncalled for? I just think its gross to use a clip like that in this way. I'm not saying anything about Sonicfox being a misogynist, which would be a pretty ridiculous claim.

Transgender people are suffering every year just because of the choice they made. Last year at least 28 were killed in the US, and that's not counting difficulty in identifying the victims as they're too afraid to come out. Do we hear the same amount of people died because they openly expressed hatred against transgender? I don't think so.

In that situation, your argument comes as "we should stop fighting each other" when in reality, this was always one-sided lynch. If you really wanna stop this conflict, you'd better tell that to transphobic people that are real problem, not here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

It is a video of someone doing to Rousey's character something she expected to happen when she signed for the role since it is the whole selling point of the game. If you have a problem with with the violence in the video, you have to talk to Ronda or NetherRealm studios

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love seeing this term / sentiment getting more mainstream and known, terfs have been manipulating and exploiting feminism for too long

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck TERFs. Also, this is naive, but I didn't really expect TERFs to be caring about what a pro fighting game player is doing. Not because I think the gaming community is ever kind to trans people but because the anti-trans gamers and TERFs always seemed like separate entities with a shared goal
twitter terfs are always searching that term to find people to brigade and report

Oct 25, 2017

Again: there's context. SonicFox is "killing" Sonya while making the TERF tweet because Sony is being voice acted by a known TERF in MK11. It's not a random video of him fighting a woman character and using her as a possible TERF allegory.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that some people considered this an act of violence, but someone using their platform to degrade trans folk or deny them basic protections isn't. I think any trans person / ally could justify punching a terf in the face in irl, so definitely don't see an issue doing it virtually

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that twitter was onboard the "TERF is a slur"

Good to see it's not the case.
In the strictest sense it is often used as a slur. But to conflate it with what we usually refer to as slurs ignores:

- It being an accurate descriptor
- It being a political slur, which is not categorised the same way as racial, gendered, etc slurs

Spitting the term TERF at someone is equivalent to calling them a communist, not the n-word

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I like this dude.

I thought his speech at TGA was a little cringy, but not cringy because he is a gay furry, cringy because he's an esports gamer accepting an award and they are always cringy. But he seemed like a coll and likable dude.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I don't understand this. Why would feminists (some of these prominent/popular feminists) have some kind of hatred, resentment or bigotry towards very likely allies in the trans female community?
One being part of a minority/oppressed group doesn't automatically mean they support every other oppressed/minority group, it's that simple really. This idea should have sunk in by now with one of the biggest alt-right voices out there being an openly gay man, that and all the other movements/examples.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Yes I have been called a faggot many times. Why are you jumping to so many conclusions about me.
Doesn't feel so good, does it? Stop jumping to conclusions yourself then and get some context on the OP. He's not hyping up violence against women, he's hyping up calling out Ronda Rousey (voice of Sonya in MK11) as a shitty TERF piece of garbage.

And to say otherwise is concern trolling.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did you know white feminists back during the suffragette movement and even now are still very racist? Some women are very self-centred and exclusionary, because they don't like women other than their own kind. It's dumb, but they're dumb people anyway.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't feel so good, does it? Stop jumping to conclusions yourself then and get some context on the OP. He's not hyping up violence against women, he's hyping up calling out Ronda Rousey (voice of Sonya in MK11) as a shitty TERF piece of garbage.

And to say otherwise is concern trolling.
Yeah I'm not taking issue with the content of the message of course, just the choice of delivery. I never claimed he is a misogynist or hyping up violence against women. I just think the use of such violent imagery is uncalled for.

Does that observation really warrant me being accused of being a hateful slur-flinging bigot?

Superman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
日本
I understand emotions are rampant and people are coming from a place of defense but I want to say that I'm not attacking you and genuinely speaking from a place of ignorance. I left the United States a decade ago so I'm not familiar with the climate there now.

With that out of the way, I thought it was kind of "accepted" that gender was a social construct and you could be whatever you wanted to identify as, while your sex labels you based on your biological DNA. Does the term TERF apply to people that think because a person is born a man they can identify as women but can't change the fact that they're biologically a man? Or does it apply to people that think if you were born a man then you can't identify as a woman?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't think advocating violence is the answer to TERF behavior.

John Rabbit and Datajoy What's your take on Nazis being punched, would you be against violence advocated towards them? TERFs are bigots like Nazis who actively work to hurt others' lives and do hang out in similar circles of being extremist conservatives.
bURv1Zm.gif

punch.gif