• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
What did we do to deserve an ambassador who's this much of a beacon of virtue and who emits such powerful and potent gamer sexuality?

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Man, SonicFox is fucking awesome. WB/NR wouldn't listen to us, maybe they'll listen to the best player around and patch out Ronda Rousey.

FUUUUUUUCK TERFS.
As nice as that would be, I really don't think they would go to the effort to bring someone else in, record all of those lines, make sure they have proper sync with the character model, etc. That's a huge undertaking in time, resources, and money.

Really, the best outcome for this would be to never, ever have her come back to voice a character again. Even if she wasn't a garbage person, she's a fucking terrible actor.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sonicfox is great. He is who he is and he gives zero fucks. We need more people like him in gaming.

Also oblogatory fuck TERFs. It infuriates me that they've got a base in the UK. The likes of Linehan and Rowling can fuck right off.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
tenor.gif

SonicFox is a hero

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
As nice as that would be, I really don't think they would go to the effort to bring someone else in, record all of those lines, make sure they have proper sync with the character model, etc. That's a huge undertaking in time, resources, and money.

Really, the best outcome for this would be to never, ever have her come back to voice a character again. Even if she wasn't a garbage person, she's a fucking terrible actor.
Premiere Skins in Injustice 2 were basically totally new characters with completely new dialogue, and they added those with DLC.

It's a big undertaking, but would get massive props from me if they nixed Rousey.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
Why do these people like to label the word as loathing to women in general, when they're the ones who spread the hatred toward transgender people to begin with?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not too familiar with eSports, but SonicFox makes me want to follow his exploits more! Awesome stuff.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
God I hope they get rid of Rousey in this... But on the other hand I won't be able to play a game where I can beat up a TERF anymore.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Premiere Skins in Injustice 2 were basically totally new characters with completely new dialogue, and they added those with DLC.

It's a big undertaking, but would get massive props from me if they nixed Rousey.
Well, I guess there's always some hope then. It would be a very pleasant surprise. I'd put my playthrough of the story on hold if they announced something like that soon.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

Sega resorted to such measures for getting rid of Pierre Taki in Judgment for much less than what Rousey has done.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Acronyms are getting out of hand... I feel I can't keep up. Just don't hate for no reason people. That should... be simple, right?

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Sega resorted to such measures for getting rid of Pierre Taki in Judgment for much less than what Rousey has done.
Unfortunately, that's not really an apples-to-apples comparison. There are many different factors, especially cultural ones stemming from where each studio is based, that differ between the two situations.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
So I totally get being opposed to ANYONE that is Trans Exclusionary but is there something I'm missing about Radical Feminism vs Feminism in terms of that specific labelling ("Radical") that inherently implies something particularly negative in regards to LGBTQ rights? Wouldn't TEFs be just as bad?

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
So I totally get being opposed to ANYONE that is Trans Exclusionary but is there something I'm missing about Radical Feminism vs Feminism in terms of that specific labelling ("Radical") that inherently implies something particularly negative in regards to LGBTQ rights? Wouldn't TEFs be just as bad?

The term TERF was originally a self identification from these second wave remnant feminists who labelled themselves "radical". But in essence they're mostly just biological essentialists who most of the time don't really care about equality, they want patriarchy but in the opposite direction.

Anyway I love SonicFox even more now ^^

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, that's not really an apples-to-apples comparison. There are many different factors, especially cultural ones stemming from where each studio is based, that differ between the two situations.
I'm aware that drug use/possession is considered far more scandalous in Japan than in the US, by no means a case of being no big deal in the latter yet still not leading to the scrubbing from public memory seen in the former. I cited the example to demonstrate that there is precedent for such revisions if a company is sufficiently motivated. Being a Sandy Hook conspiracy theorist alone should've been enough to nuke what remains of Rousey's career from orbit, yet something like that isn't taken anywhere near as seriously as it should be.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
that they're unwelcome
excluding trans people

is this a real question?
You know, the whole hatred of trans people thing.
Oh I see. I misunderstood taht part of the post. Yes I agree with that message of course.

Anyway I dont think the post saying "this is how i deal with them" linking to a video of a woman being brutally dismembered and murdered should be celebrated like it is in this thread. It crosses a line imo. Just my $0.02.