• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, when it came to something trans-related blowing up on twitter, of course Graham Shitlord is gonna pop his empty head in.

Helen Lewis not doing her research and then doubling down lol

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, those SWERF really stand for that?

And most importantly, why are radicial feminosts excluding them?

Privilege, purity and gatekeeping. They claim that they want to help break the system but end up creating their own criteria on who deserves help. When feminism started, there were many white feminists who didn't care about women of colour either.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Man, when it came to something trans-related blowing up on twitter, of course Graham Shitlord is gonna pop his empty head in.

Helen Lewis not doing her research and then doubling down lol
She's famous for that, she's one of those people that push conservative ideas but say they are centre left. I really do not like her.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I think this should perhaps be far more prominent in the OP, it's kind of burying the lede where it's now. It might be better to put it right at the start, embedding the tweet directly rather than quoting it, so that the relevant information is fully visible without having to click on the quote.

You know people don't like to read; the easiest you make it for them to read the relevant facts, the better. :D

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
is it already that time of the day when SF be slayin on twitter?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Oh god, I'm dying. I saw an inane bullshit tweet conflating this with g*mergate and came to post it, but only after hitting Preview on the post did I notice the username and realize it's from Linehan, because of course it is. What a jagoff. Edit: I'm not even going to post it.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My greatest sadness is discovering JK Rowling is a TERF.

Oh yeah and fuck them all.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, I'm dying. I saw an inane bullshit tweet conflating this with g*mergate and came to post it, but only after hitting Preview on the post did I notice the username and realize it's from Linehan, because of course it is. What a jagoff. Edit: I'm not even going to post it.
w-wow... what a gigantic dumbass

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I'll admit, I'm a bit lazy and quick to ask stuff instead of Google. Acronyms tend to be pretty quick and easy to find though.

Considering the thread title, I thought there was a real controversy here, but I really don't see anything wrong here. Just a wholesome telling off to some horrible people.

The irony of these forums doesn't escape me. The message that I live by is 'treat others like you yourself would like to be treated'. I don't live by any gods and I like to formulate my own opinions rather than follow trends or movements.

Yet everytime I post a message on this forum that doesn't fall inline with the expected response then I feel like I've done something wrong /bullied in someway.

It's a shame really as I do think it's the veil of animosity that the internet breeds that causes the reaction of aggression, rather than empathy- consultation that real life brings to the fold.

See, this annoys me, I too like to live by the Golden Rule, but a blunt corollary to that is "Don't be a Dick". Instead of being all huffy about being scolded. Try thinking what's getting them mad in the first place.

Also supporting Trans people is hardly some trend or movement you can sit out on.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This owns.

I don't mean to put him on the spot like this, but I hope he shit-talks Rousey whenever he inevitably wins MK11 at Evo.

Oct 25, 2017
With these kinds of questions, I like posting this comic panel from Spider-Man.

lgx9PKc.jpg

Many rich and famous people don't care, and have the privilege not to care because they frequently don't have much to worry about in their own lives. Plenty of them have means to do a lot of good things, but they don't want to.
Hey, do not put Sauron in the same bag as those shitheads. Have you ever heard about a dinosaur with cancer!? /s

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I think this should perhaps be far more prominent in the OP, it's kind of burying the lede where it's now. It might be better to put it right at the start, embedding the tweet directly rather than quoting it, so that the relevant information is fully visible without having to click on the quote.

You know people don't like to read; the easiest you make it for them to read the relevant facts, the better. :D
only 4 media tags are allowed, and i used them all up

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I've always been confused by the attempt by some people to render "TERF" a misogynistic and anti-female term. The acronym literally describes their beliefs.

It's like an anti-semite finding it offensive to be called a "hater of Jews."

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ContraPoints did a great video on how TERFS are pretty much concern trolling all the time...

But, I'll be honest, I could see why folks might be bothered by this since it's not that far off from that Red Dead Redemption video. SonicFox is in the right here morally unlike that dude, but I can understand why woman would be a bit bothered by the video.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know much about him as I don't keep up with the scene, but I always enjoy his staunch support towards these causes when I see these topics pop up from time to time.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
ContraPoints did a great video on how TERFS are pretty much concern trolling all the time...

But, I'll be honest, I could see why folks might be bothered by this since it's not that far off from that Red Dead Redemption video. SonicFox is in the right here morally unlike that dude, but I can understand why woman would be a bit bothered by the video.

It's the equivalent of Nazi's getting mad at Wolfenstein not the RD2 bullshit.

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think advocating violence is the answer to TERF behavior.

I mean, eye for an eye is never a real answer but considering how many of them advocate violence against trans people I can't blame anyone for wanting to give it a shot. People literally die because of TERFy bullshit.

I also take a little umbrage with the idea that it's okay to hit nazis by many accounts in places like ERA, but punching TERFs, nah, let's keep off that. They aren't equivical but they're both hate groups that cause misery for their targets.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's the equivalent of Nazi's getting mad at Wolfenstein not the RD2 bullshit.

I just think that unlike that the theme of woman being brutalized for entertainment is so prevalent that I think it's fair to say that TERFS are in the wrong, but woman could be legitimately upset with the violence against woman angle.

I don't support TERFS...I've dealt with them before as I've thought about transitioning quite often...but I don't think I'd go as far as wanting to see them die like Nazis who are pieces of shit. I don't think they're that far gone.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Man, SonicFox is fucking awesome. WB/NR wouldn't listen to us, maybe they'll listen to the best player around and patch out Ronda Rousey.

FUUUUUUUCK TERFS.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I don't think advocating violence is the answer to TERF behavior.
These people sent me pictures of trans people's corpses in my DMs, they don't deserve shit. My rapist is now posting TERF stuff on facebook.

Fuck this "we need to be nice to our oppressors" bullshit. You are enabling their concern trolling and abuse.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I just think that unlike that the theme of woman being brutalized for entertainment is so prevalent that I think it's fair to say that TERFS are in the wrong, but woman could be legitimately upset with the violence against woman angle.

I don't support TERFS...I've dealt with them before as I've thought about transitioning quite often...but I don't think I'd go as far as wanting to see them die like Nazis who are pieces of shit. I don't think they're that far gone.
It's not (fictional) violence directed at someone for being a woman, but for being a TERF. If known male TERF voiced a character in the game, the video would most likely have that character instead. Gender is irrelevant for the target.

Also for the RDR2 comparison you made earlier, I believe this was one clip not a series of multiple videos.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

What's the Read Redemption 2 video you're referring to?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where the dude had a whole YT of him shooting the feminist in RDR2. A bad comparison I regret making, but I guess I just feel like FUCK TERFS is valid, but then you add the violence against a woman and I think it just makes it easy for TERFS to connect it to misogyny.

I didn't realize the reason he did that though to Sonya was because of her VA being one so I apologise, that does make the context different.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he's been conflating people who call him and other TERFs out on their transphobic bullshit with GG for a long time now.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

As has been said the violence is targeted towards TERFs not women, SonicFox even elaborates on this in the first post. Whilst I'm sympathetic lots of folks would be uncomfortable to the type of violence seen in MK regardless of gender the only people being exposed to this are MK/SonicFox fans and TERFs searching for the term; the latter group can fuck themselves if their sensitive to depictions of fictional violence when they enact real world violence against a minority group on a daily basis.