• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

The previous record holder was Detective Pikachu with a $54m 3 day OW.

fc8.gif

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I opted not to bet with the whole Pikachu vs Sonic thing. I'm not good at gambling and it shows. I would have voted team Pikachu.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sega does what Nintendon't

Sega cinematic universe up to a good start, what does Scorsese think?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
my first impulse is "haha eat shit pokemon fans"

but then I remember sonic fans are worse

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I will say this, my 3 y/o already knows Sonic and his iconic theme song from genesis.

He doesn't have a clue who Pikachu is. The Sonic brand is strong.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I really wonder if the release date helped out Sonic a ton and hindered Pikachu.

It absolutely helped Sonic. There's no competition for a few more weeks, and there hasn't been a kids film since Christmas. Families were looking for anything to see, and it helps that Sonic has been getting decent reviews and good word of mouth. If it had kept it's original release date in November it would have had no chance.

Detective Pikachu is more debatable, but probable that it's release date hurt it a bit.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I believe the Sonic dreams collection is was brought Sonic back into the spot light and deserves all the credit

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
What's odd is I have not seen any new Sonic merch to go along with this. Where is the new Sonic movie plush?