• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your Rotten Tomatoes score prediction?

• >90%

Votes: 68 7.8%
  • 75-90%

Votes: 97 11.1%
  • 60-75%

Votes: 234 26.8%
  • 45-60%

Votes: 293 33.6%
  • 30-45%

Votes: 113 12.9%
  • 15-30%

Votes: 50 5.7%
  • 0-15%

Votes: 18 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
heroichollywood.com

Review: ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Speeds You Into A Good Time

Want to know what we thought about the Sonic The Hedgehog movie? Well check out our official review after you hit the jump!

Overall Thoughts: I loved Sonic the Hedgehog. The movie is loads of fun and has a ton of heart. It's also easily the best video game movie ever made. The performances are a blast and the movie has an ensemble that meshes perfectly together. Jim Carrey brings back his late '90s quirkinesses as Doctor Robotnik and you can tell that he's having the time of his life. You gotta go fast to see Sonic The Hedgehog in theaters and take the entire family with you.

8/10

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sega's iconic furball speeds onto the big screen for a derivative but enjoyable adventure
3/5

film.list.co.uk

Sonic the Hedgehog

★★★☆☆ Sega's iconic furball speeds onto the big screen for a derivative but enjoyable adventure

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
wow, extremely divisive off the bat lol
The whole Sonic being an alien from another dimension reminds me of some of the more insane shit from the latter Sonic Comics.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that these reviews aren't immediately at "trash fire" means this has already surpassed expectations. This doesn't need to end up fresh to be a genuine surprise IMO.

Anywhere around even 50 would be a major victory.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
www.lamplightreview.com

Movie Review: 'Sonic the Hedgehog'

In last year's Uncut Gems, Dinah (Idina Menzel) tells estranged husband Howard (Adam Sandler) "you're the most annoying person I've ever met." It's easy to see

"The thought of spending more time with Sonic or his arch-nemesis makes me want to roll into a ball and fly off a cliff at several hundred miles per hour."

2/10

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
The suspence is terrible... I hope it lasts
lYNkoJ.gif

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
need more? here's more. my review from Ars Technica:

Now, audience members can rest assured that this serviceable, acceptable, not-amazing-but-not-terrible family film wasn't tanked by toothy, limber, squinty-eyed Sonic. With that crucial detail out of the way, the rest of the attached film isn't as sensational or headline-worthy. The series' first live-action film is neither a jolt to the pantheon of Sonic media nor a must-see video game adaptation. We've landed somewhere above The Angry Birds Movie, somewhere below Pokemon: Detective Pikachu.

Marsden and Schwarz are nowhere near the sweetness, comedy, and coming-of-age payoff we got from the leads of Pokemon: Detective Pikachu, a film that also runs circles around Sonic's CGI department. PDP crammed its scenes with dozens of impeccably rendered animal-monster things, while Sonic, this film's sole CGI star, comes with some really otherworldly, awkward-looking rendering of fur and light bounces. More than a few times, I noticed strange reflections off of Sonic's beady nose, which made me wonder whether this film could've used one more rendering pass. And the VFX people didn't make up for this with their designs of Robotnik's flying drone supporters; it's all generic, laser-shooting robots from that half of the equation. (To be fair, their priorities probably lie elsewhere, and I don't blame them.)

I'm glad Sonic had enough of its parts in place to get me through a viewing feeling entertained. But the only thing that would get me to recommend this film over other family-friendly options is, honestly, Jim Carrey's performance. Nothing else in Sonic the Hedgehog feels particularly exciting, even within its specific niche of a clear "PG, not PG-13" rating.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
As a massive sonic fan, this just seems to get it all wrong. I'm reading Indiewire's review and what the fuck is with the backstory. Like whyyyyyyyyy

I'll still go see it on the off chance I like it but it's not looking too hot rn.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
As a massive sonic fan, this just seems to get it all wrong. I'm reading Indiewire's review and what the fuck is with the backstory. Like whyyyyyyyyy

I'll still go see it on the off chance I like it but it's not looking too hot rn.

I just don't know why they couldn't have humans just exist in the sonic world instead of having to be from The Human Dimension
Im guessing that would be too expensive and its easier to film on sets

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Only 20 reviews and already low 60s. Will probably end up in the high 30s-mid 40s.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sounds like Sonic and Eggman are solid which is important and a lot of the negatives would be shedded in a sequel considering where a sequel would go