• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
H71PZLm.gif

Shut it all down. The internet has fucking murdered me.

LMFAO

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just seems so generic. Sonic's an unknown threat, the military is brought in, some white dude trys to protect Sonic. At least Detective Pikachu exists in a world of Pokemon and they're just looking for the protagonist's father and/or his would-be/actual killers.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's like the polar opposite of Pokemon, a so bad it can be fun/enjoyable to watch movie.

Why did they give Sonic human teeth lol.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah - I'm definitely watching this upon physical release with a nice tall glass of bourbon

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Why are his legs so freaking long? In the original games he had short legs, not the monstrous giraffe legs he has now.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Jim Carrey has fallen, hard.

Honestly, not really

Post his '90s heyday, he was never going to scale that peak again though Eternal Sunshine in 04 is a classic. Guys' seemingly comfortable financially, has chosen projects that's interesting to him personally (sure some of them have sucked), I enjoyed his recent TV show Kidding which was thoughtful and his passion seemingly is with his political and general art.

He probably wanted to show he can still do zany fun, they dumped a load of money to ham it up for a few weeks work and he said 'fuck it'

Genuine highlight of Dennis Hoppers career was when he was in his 'don't give a shit phase hammy' stage of his career like Speed and Mario, alongside his classics

Last edited:

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
'What year is this?'' The Movie

Gangsters Paradise, Jim Carrey in a flat out comedy role again after years, Sonic being advertised like he's as cool as Fortnite.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
"Every hero has a genesis."

Some dude named Mark came up with that and got a raise.

I'm just, whew!

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in. It looks better than I expected. It looks like a fun popcorn movie night and outside of the Sonic design and music choice I actually enjoyed the trailer.

Though as I told my friends I'm looking at this movie as something similar to the RE movies. Bad, enjoyable and not looking for a real plot adaption.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
It looks dumb and insane, but it also looks like it knows that it's dumb and insane.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
How do the Pokémon in Detective Pikachu blend in with the real world more than Sonic? It's got to be the colors.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
ROFL the choice of music, and everything else. Imagine if the Pokemon movie turned out this way.

Well, at least Sonic doesn't look as bad as I feared.

IXI FalcoN

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): advocating piracy
Holy shit, they may just pull off Sonic 06's "so bad it's good" feel on the big screen. I'm in fucking tears just looking at this train wreck of a trailer!

I'm gonna pirate the shit out of this, grab some beer and a few friends and laugh our asses off. What a glorious disaster.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
How do the Pokémon in Detective Pikachu blend in with the real world more than Sonic? It's got to be the colors.
Detective Pikachu's more muted color palette definitely helps. I think that movie also goes for a more "heightened" sense of reality.

This just looks like a normal world but with a talking blue hedgehog and robots plopped into it.

I hate to keep comparing, but love it or hate it, it really does feel like more thought and care went into Detective Pikachu than this.