• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just trying to think about how much money it took to convince Coolio and his music label to be cool with playing their song over this fucking garbage.

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
This looks amazing! I can't believe it's real. The trailer reminds me of a YouTube fan trailer, like the kind were they splice together scenes from other movies.

I can't believe how bad this movie looks. I am excited!

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
that was...

better than expected
You sound like someone who's just been forced to eat human feces and then discovers it tastes like tapioca... ICK.

And I don't know what annoys me more:

1. Furry Sonic with human proportions,
2. The use of "Gangsta Paradise", or
3. That horrible "Genesis" tag line.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I just started losing it, and laughed uncontrollably looking at the still frame of Jim Carrey as true Robotnik. What world do I live in, today??

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Jim Carrey might save this movie lol, hope he goes bald early.

But Sonic.. urgh His eyes are too fucking small, he just looks off.

Oct 25, 2017
AccurateJadedDeer-max-1mb.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Carrey is the best thing about the trailer. Honestly that's it.
No words to describe the monstrosity Sonic is and how bad the CG is.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jim Carrey as Robotnik sold me on this way back when that was announced, and goddamn it is good to see him at work.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This is just... I'm speechless at how bad this looks and at wondering what kind of societal dysfunction has led to something like this existing in the first place.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Ugh...it looks so generic as a movie. And Sonic, OMG, he does look awful...The semi-humanoid thing doesn't work at all.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I like it.

I don't like Sonic himself though. I also don't like Pikachu in the movie. For some reason making them realistic looks so fucking bad.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This first trailer was not as awful as I would have hoped. Looks bad, but not nearly the quality of bad I was hoping.
Here's hoping that Trailer 2 is much worse.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
you know... the leaked images of Sonic helped toning down the shocking factor when comes to his design. I'm numb already... I hated when I first saw, but now I just don't feel anything. .. Jim's Robotnik will certainly be the best thing about it, I have no doubts.. but not even him can savage this. Overall, after watching the trailer I was just .. sad

b16.jpg

prid13

Mar 31, 2019
Actually looks better than I'd expected. Love the fast-paced action scenes and the blue blur VFX. Sonic still looks creepy and weird. As a Sonic movie it looks horrible, but as a generic blockbuster á la Detective Pikachu, this is probably going to earn way more than we hope to, as it's probably targeting a wide audience who probably don't have much of a clue of how Sonic really should be.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Carrey's Eggman is a dying star of passable illumination in what otherwise seems to be a soul-sucking black hole of a movie. Everything else is old recycled junkyard parts and tropes of other better movies. Everything else except the gravitational pull of that thing that's going to be the centerpiece. Sonic's design still looks supremely awful, and the third-rate CG used to render him only adds to that effect. The lighting/shading supposed to make him look like he actually belongs in the environment is subpar, and his animation lacks any weight to convincingly show that he actually exists in the scenes he's in that are shown.

I really, really, really hope this film doesn't break even financially; even if the film turns out to be more "forgettable" then "outright godawful."

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
I am sorry for ever doubting the person who said the trailer would have Gangsta's Paradise on it.

And I am sorry for watching that thing a second time.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This is the story of Ace Ventura who just wanted to save the animals, but when this blue abomination happened, he lost it and switched to the dark side. There was no hope.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
The only way this film will work is if its so bad it's just amazing. By the looks of that trailer they have nailed it. Even down to the music used. Can't wait !

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic was... better than my low low expectations. Jim Carrey was... worse than my higher expectations. The last shot of him was ace though.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
So now we have black eyes sonic, green eyes sonic, and now blue eyes sonic

edit on no they just blue in the screen when he powering up? with blue lightning?.......