• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
What did the Sonic fanbase do to deserve this?

(I know the answer is a lot but show them some pity)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why is there military bullshit in a Sonic movie.

Why is there any of this in a Sonic movie.

Why Hollywood.

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, the CG itself isn't terrible at all. It's pretty decent even. it's just...the design of Sonic is really rough.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally exactly what I want it to be. Sonic ain't high art, just give me something goofy.

A few thoughts though

"Basically I'm going to have to save your planet."- Is Sonic an alien? Or a dimensional traveler? Is Robotnik from our world or Sonic World?

Running 760 mph shouldn't make you a bullet timer, but whatever.

A while back, the original 4chan rumor called out that the trailer had Gangster's Paradise. So the question is, did the poster actually see it ahead of time... or did the Sonic movie team read the rumor, and say "Holy shit guys, we GOTTA do this!"

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
This bit almost made up for the rest of it.

robotnik1hkj2.gif
Mario reference?

Oct 29, 2017
How, out of every song ever written could they have possibly chosen 'Gangsta's Paradise'?

How do you have the choice of literally hundreds of thousands of songs and end up choosing 'Gangsta's Paradise' for the Sonic movie trailer?

How can that be?

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
There are no expectations so even an average movie will be called good

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's bad when the villain is more likable than the protagonist in every way. To the point where I hope Jim Carey kills Sonic and the movie shifts to what it would be like to live in a reality where Dr. Robotnik is real and he works as a government assassin.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic's design still looks really weird. I don't know why they went in this direction when they could have stayed a LOT truer to his original look the way the Pokemon movie is doing. Outside of that I was okay with what I saw.

I feel people will be hung up on Sonic's design so much that they're going to ignore or not properly look at the rest of the trailer. I think Jim Carrey should be good. I think the special effects look decent. I like how fast Sonic moves. A lot of Eggman's machines are weird and stand out and that's no different here which is nice. Sonic's voice work seems good as well.

I do want to see the film though. I think they could get people used to how Sonic looks and then come back with really good trailer prior to the film coming out that could potentially turn people around.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I really wish they went full on Death Egg instead of buddy cop

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol can't wait. Was hoping the film would be bad

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So he can dodge missile barage but not a single tranq dart.
PLOTHOLEEEEEE

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, the CG itself isn't terrible at all. It's pretty decent even. it's just...the design of Sonic is really rough.
This. I feel like the issue here is the design choices for Sonic himself. Everything else looks decent to really good. As actual CG creation I think Sonic looks fine it's just the design.

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if there is a different world that they get transported to somehow and that's where Robotnik gets that look. Seems to be some mushroom world or somethin..

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Why is there military bullshit in a Sonic movie.

Why is there any of this in a Sonic movie.

Why Hollywood.
Not to be fair to this film

But Shadow the hedgehog's origin is that a military orginzation murdered a bunch of people in a space station and stole him

So it isn't uh, unheard of