• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is really cool, but I'm kind of confused why it exists. Are they working on a remix album? Something else?

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This is really cool, but I'm kind of confused why it exists. Are they working on a remix album? Something else?
He does remixes all the time. He did remixes before he was even working on Sonic Mania.

As to why it's on the official youtube, who knows. It could just be a random thing for the fans.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I think it's a well done remix. Original will always remain supreme imo

And yeah Super Sonic Racing is the better song too

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Original is way better.

This one's boring as shit aside from the alright guitar solo.

Oct 27, 2017
I use the original as my wake up alarm. (Bought the soundtrack on Amazon a while ago)

I think I prefer the original version but this is nice. More guitar might have pushed it over the top.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
I live, live, live for that 90s house-pop vibe in general, and the Sonic R soundtrack really nailed it. I love that Sonic music was so often in conversation with real-world pop music (up through Sonic Heroes, really).

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Holy fucking shit, the soundtrack to this game IS my childhood. who would've ever thought they'd go back to these? Godlike release, please do more.

Nov 23, 2017
I live, live, live for that 90s house-pop vibe in general, and the Sonic R soundtrack really nailed it. I love that Sonic music was so often in conversation with real-world pop music (up through Sonic Heroes, really).
This, I love their other remixes a lot though but I don't like a ton how different this one is from the house style of the original. A lot less energy

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the meme/creepypasta that this song was cursed.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Tinfoil hat time:
Two year anniversary of sonic forces and puts out a song with the line "Just think about the good times and they will come back again "

Dec 14, 2017
It's a good remix, but lacks the style of energy that the original has. TJ Davis's voice was such an excellent encapsulation of the era when Sonic R came out too.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sonic Channel has been doing other remixes I just noticed. This is the best one for me so far:

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
So good. You could remix this song any you want, it would still sound so so good.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Feels.

Yo, Evening Star. How about making a Sonic R2 using the Mania special zone as a template?

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He does remixes all the time. He did remixes before he was even working on Sonic Mania.

As to why it's on the official youtube, who knows. It could just be a random thing for the fans.

Oh trust me, I remember his MIDI days. As for the second thing...

It's just for fun. They put out a Station Square remix last month, with two more on the way.

This stuff costs money. They brought in Jun Senoue, had somebody do the camera work, make-up, editing, etc. It's not impossible to do this on a shoestring budget (which it probably was to an extent), but I would personally suspect it's leading up to something specific. (Probably a new music album.)

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Back in the day the game disc spent a lot of time in my stereo so I could listen to ost.
Not a fan of it now but I liked it back then.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I much prefer the original. Slowing it down does nothing for me.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
One of the best soundtracks of all time, and not just in games. I love Tee Lopes' work to death and this is a solid remix, but it loses something without TJ Davis and her thoroughly authentic '90s house-pop vocals. Definitely prefer the original, but this is still good in its own right.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Really hated that, felt like it mauled the perfection of the original. It just lacked soul and power to me.

Sonic R's soundtrack truly was a masterpiece and nails the spirit of 90s era Sega. I love it still to this day.