• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I desperately want to see the trailer. To FEEL the emotions that will go through me as I see what they've done.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
There isn't a word nor animated gif to express how much I need to see this trailer.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna read the leaks. Someone post it please.

Sonic's origins: Sonic escapes his birth planet as a baby (rings are how Sonic got to Earth. He can throw one and imagine a place and it will take him there), is found by an owl and grows up on Earth. Ends up alone after some time and grows up staying hidden. He pretty much scavenges and lives in the shadows. He is known as "the blue devil" to the locals and thought of as an urban legend until he is found out about. Loneliness gets to him which leads to the government bringing in Robotnik to find the energy disturbance caused by Sonic. (Sonic makes an electrically charged run when he focuses or gets extremely emotional. His charged run is why he gets detected and how doc comes into the film.) Hijinks ensue and a good story is told as Tom the cop and Sonic become besties.

How Sonic and Tom meet: Tom has raccoon problems in his trash. When he goes to deal with it, he sees Sonic face to face for the first time. He tranqs him and puts him in a cage. Robotnik shows up, but they escape and Tom begrudgingly agrees to help Sonic. Sonic has to go to San Francisco because he activated his ring portal power and dropped the bag of rings into it, dumping them on top of the Golden Gate Bridge (donuts may also be involved? The wording on that detail was a bit confusing). Tom drives him there because he is moving to San Francisco to prove to himself that he can handle real cop crime and not Montana small world problems. Tika Sumpter plays Tom's wife Annie. She's a veterinarian and since she was known to Sonic when he watched them from afar as being kind to animals, he felt he could trust them both.

Eggman's role: Robotnik (who is never referred to as Eggman) is just a psycho doc that works for the government initially. He has drones that can track and shoot, as well as a large tank. He's super obnoxiously smart and makes tons of comments in the film about how superior his brain is. Has the typical long coat and all dark evil scientist look, short mustache as well initially. He gradually gets crazier and more obsessed with Sonic as the film goes, and doesn't rock the signature look until tail end of movie, when he is defeated and ends up on a foreign planet that Sonic was supposed to escape to in the event of being found on earth. He is now hefty and rocking the full blown 'stache.

Misc Extras: There is one major car chase scene/battle. Sonic flosses (the dance move) afterwards. In another scene, Sonic creates an Earth bucket list after Tom agrees to help him get his rings back. Sonic sneaks off while Tom makes a phone call in a backwoods gas station. Sonic creates a ruckus and a bar fight ensues.

Other Sonic characters in the movie: None. It's just Sonic and Eggman.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
Sonic's origins: Sonic escapes his birth planet as a baby (rings are how Sonic got to Earth. He can throw one and imagine a place and it will take him there), is found by an owl and grows up on Earth. Ends up alone after some time and grows up staying hidden. He pretty much scavenges and lives in the shadows. He is known as "the blue devil" to the locals and thought of as an urban legend until he is found out about. Loneliness gets to him which leads to the government bringing in Robotnik to find the energy disturbance caused by Sonic. (Sonic makes an electrically charged run when he focuses or gets extremely emotional. His charged run is why he gets detected and how doc comes into the film.) Hijinks ensue and a good story is told as Tom the cop and Sonic become besties.

How Sonic and Tom meet: Tom has raccoon problems in his trash. When he goes to deal with it, he sees Sonic face to face for the first time. He tranqs him and puts him in a cage. Robotnik shows up, but they escape and Tom begrudgingly agrees to help Sonic. Sonic has to go to San Francisco because he activated his ring portal power and dropped the bag of rings into it, dumping them on top of the Golden Gate Bridge (donuts may also be involved? The wording on that detail was a bit confusing). Tom drives him there because he is moving to San Francisco to prove to himself that he can handle real cop crime and not Montana small world problems. Tika Sumpter plays Tom's wife Annie. She's a veterinarian and since she was known to Sonic when he watched them from afar as being kind to animals, he felt he could trust them both.

Eggman's role: Robotnik (who is never referred to as Eggman) is just a psycho doc that works for the government initially. He has drones that can track and shoot, as well as a large tank. He's super obnoxiously smart and makes tons of comments in the film about how superior his brain is. Has the typical long coat and all dark evil scientist look, short mustache as well initially. He gradually gets crazier and more obsessed with Sonic as the film goes, and doesn't rock the signature look until tail end of movie, when he is defeated and ends up on a foreign planet that Sonic was supposed to escape to in the event of being found on earth. He is now hefty and rocking the full blown 'stache.

Misc Extras: There is one major car chase scene/battle. Sonic flosses (the dance move) afterwards. In another scene, Sonic creates an Earth bucket list after Tom agrees to help him get his rings back. Sonic sneaks off while Tom makes a phone call in a backwoods gas station. Sonic creates a ruckus and a bar fight ensues.

Other Sonic characters in the movie: None. It's just Sonic and Eggman.
Wrong leaks, here are the ones for the trailer
-Sonic looks bad, but him running around seemed natural to him, at the very least.
-Should be around 50 seconds or so but says it's "meaty".
-The leaks going around are a bad representation of what he looks like in the film, according to him.
-The trailer will not feature Robotnik in any form.
-Focuses on Sonic and Tom riding around Green Hills in Doug's cop car taking care of stuff over town.
-Humor is "weird", has very buddy cop movie vibes all over it.
-The trailer has and, I'm not making this shit up, Gangster's Paradise by Coolio as the music track playing in it.
-The people who leaked it to him are apparently apart of Trailer Park.
-He thinks it should be released very soon.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-Sonic looks bad, but him running around seemed natural to him, at the very least.
-The leaks going around are a bad representation of what he looks like in the film, according to him.
-Focuses on Sonic and Tom riding around Green Hills in Doug's cop car taking care of stuff over town.
-The trailer has and, I'm not making this shit up, Gangster's Paradise by Coolio as the music track playing in it.
Dunno if those are all true though since Robotnik was in the trailer shown here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if those are all true though since Robotnik was in the trailer shown here.
That original leaked trailer was most likely a different one, sorta like how Infinity War's Comic-Con trailer was different - but followed similar beats - to its subsequent public trailer. I imagine the CinemaCon trailer is the one they plan to release publicly and that it has edits but still uses the Coolio track as the backbone.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Can't believe they're actually going to make Sonic do the floss

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
That original leaked trailer was most likely a different one, sorta like how Infinity War's Comic-Con trailer was different - but followed similar beats - to its subsequent public trailer. I imagine the CinemaCon trailer is the one they plan to release publicly and that it has edits but still uses the Coolio track as the backbone.
They showed 2 trailers today. The first trailer doesn't mention Robotnik and has Gangsters Paradise. Robotnik was only in the 2nd trailer.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

Two separate trailers

First one,
Sonic-centric, showing the blue animal zooming across the desert like an MX missile and meeting James Marsden's cop who shoots him with a tranquilizer gun. Sonic is hear to save the world as it's being attacked by Transformers-like-robots"

Second one,
"which Carrey introduced, shows a comeback for his hysterics on screen as Dr. Ivo Robotnik, a big black mustache super genius who argues with the army and Marsden's cop."

Last edited:

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to pessimistic however why I keep feeling that I'm witnessing a train crash in slow motion is beyond me.
Will be waiting for the trailer.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to pessimistic however why I keep feeling that I'm witnessing a train crash in slow motion is beyond me.
Will be waiting for the trailer.
It's kinda like this:
pPbP152.jpg

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know how my body will physically react to this trailer.

I dont know if it is ready.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

oh I thought they meant the story leaks that are basically confirmed through the mention of the tranquilizer

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
It's not the Sonic movie I hoped for but as long as it's a lighthearted fun kids film I'll be happy. Also the ceiling is so low this could easily be the best videogame movie of all time!

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

Just like Sonic's legs!