• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Very cool stuff, for those who don't know, on this program you submit your own customized lego set and if it reaches 10000 people Lego itself will review and see if it can be officially commercialized.
This one was made by Viv Grannell, a 23y old from the UK.

The images here are pre-rendered and from her submission, not official shots from the set.
Here Lego's blog about the green light, https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...40af-af8b-a061179e1cb5?cmp=social-5s6irv-SHOP:
LEGO Ideas First 2020 Review Results
Sonic Mania: Green Hill Zone
The review board has given Viv Grannell's (aka toastergrl on LEGO Ideas) Sonic Mania - Green Hill Zone the green light. We're excited to collaborate with SEGA and Viv to bring one of the most iconic game characters and brands to life via LEGO bricks on the basis of Viv's colourful and fun creation. Congrats Viv!

If you'd like to learn more about Viv then check out her 10K Club Interview.

Set details, https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d7fef363-ead4-413e-a3e2-d9aa848e1cee:
webp

Includes:
  • "Classic" Sonic the Hedgehog minifigure
  • "Classic" Dr Eggman, Motobug and three Flickies as brick-built figures
  • Heavy Gunner and Heavy Magician as brick-built figures (new!)
  • Green Hill Zone "Palm Tree", "Spring", "Bridge and "Loop" modules (redesigned!)
  • Egg Robot mech (redesigned!)
  • Phantom Ruby and Ring accessories
  • ~700 pieces, with 8 new prints (excluding minifigure parts) and a sticker sheet
Play features:
  • Create your own act by connecting the Green Hill Zone modules together.
  • Use the Technic lever on the spring module to launch Sonic and his Flicky friends into the air!
  • Help Sonic collect the ring and Extra Life while dodging the Motobug.
  • Sit Dr Eggman inside the Egg Robot mech.
  • Stomp through the zone with the mech's posable arms and legs.
  • Use the handle on the mech's extendable arms to perform a drill attack!
  • Stop the Phantom Ruby falling into the clutches of Dr Eggman and the Hard Boiled Heavies!
  • Rebuild into the "Encore mode" alternate build to continue the adventure - with additional modules, the Heavy King and his lackeys, the Master Emerald, and the Tornado!

webp

webp

Last edited:

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Note that this is the fan's, and things are revised pretty significantly before becoming a set. Either way I'm pumped though!

Now give us Lego Legend of Zelda, you cowards!

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
Mario was only the beginning.

OP might want to note that none of the images in the first post are official shots of the set, just renders of the fan-submission that led to the announcement.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I forgot to say and is worth mentioning that some things might change in the final design that will be sold.
Edit: And what was said above, I put on the OP.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sonic somehow manages to stay relevant despite having mediocre games for like 20 years now lol.

Im not hating, I love sonic as well. It just always amazes how this game series has become more than just a game and manages to stay relevant.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing this make the rounds a while back. Very cool to see it getting recognized, albeit with some design changes to come I'm sure.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Oh hell yeah. I can only hope they decide to make a few other sets if this one proves to be a good seller.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
This was always weird to me .... like there were no previous sonic set for this ?
Like pretty much every other character in LEGO Dimensions had a set before it

But there weren't any previous LEGO sets for many Dimensions themes: Portal, Wizard of Oz, Adventure Time, A Team, Bettlejuice, Gremlins, E.T., Goonies, Knight Rider, Mission Impossible, etc

The FuzzPig

Oct 31, 2017
Looks pretty cool.
Though I would prefer a bigger loop, it looks two small to me.
Also is that sonic figure real?
I have one like that I picked up at a car boot sale a few years ago, I always figured it was fake?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
My son will shit his pants when he sees this.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
Keep in mind, what you see here is just the Submission

By the time it releases there will be changes made to the final design as LEGO designers streamline, and such. but i'd expect the major points to remain

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Remember this is not the final set of course. Which could have more characters depending on how they decide to do the budget(and since Sonic isn't a new mold I could see them throw use Tails at least as a bone if not knuckles... much as I'd love mighty and ray)

ThisIsPrfct

Jun 9, 2019
Sonic was already in an official Dimensions level pack, so I guess this wasn't that unexpected.

5c9d0442-5def-4452-a5aa-c72868643dd0_1.45009828cab29416d4e7dcb02c8df66e.jpeg
I know it's probably impossible because of license issues but I would love so much if we could buy a Lego Dimensions Full Collection with all levels without the need to buy the sets... the same I'd like for Skylanders.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
But there weren't any previous LEGO sets for many Dimensions themes: Portal, Wizard of Oz, Adventure Time, A Team, Bettlejuice, Gremlins, E.T., Goonies, Knight Rider, Mission Impossible, etc

Damn i was SURE that half of those had it (and i didn't knew the other half WAS on lego dimensions xD)

that being said, i am obviously not big on lego sets

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Did.. did LEGOs always have elbows?

Edit - I see the render in the OP is the fan submission lol

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
That's actually pretty cool! Man I wish Lego had more of this when I was a young kid. I'd be all over it... Hell I'll probably buy it now anyway haha

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Stuff like this makes me want to get into Legos--all the stuff I'd want is probably overpriced by now.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
Looks great to me! I prefer this "playset" style over the "board game" style set that Mario had.

Rckstar

Oct 29, 2017
Stuff like this makes me want to get into Legos--all the stuff I'd want is probably overpriced by now.

Just dont buy Lego and get stuff from Blue Brixx or the likes. Its much cheaper and has a way higher quality. Even if they dont have as many licenses. The Lego Group is horrible.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the loop is bigger on the official set assuming I'm understanding the OP and these images. Would love a bigger set to place above my TV.