• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Today Sonic Fox announced on their Twitter that they are identifying as Non-binary from now on:

I'm really happy for them! Now
I stan harder than before lol

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: if you really are going to ask people to identify you as "he" or "they", how many people are really going to go for "they"?

Or is what SonicFox saying they want to go from being called "he" --> "they"

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
download1i5k0y.jpeg

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone give me quick context on who sonicfox is?

Edit : checked Twitter

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
I am now officialy so old that I had to Google both "SonicFox" and "non-binary man".

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta admit non-binary is one of those things I still have trouble wrapping my head around, but good for them being open about this and I hope they get tons of love and support.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Good on Sonic Fox, I'm glad they're making progress on finding themself! Hope they do well in the foreseeable future! Always an awesome person to hear about!

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Fox always strikes me as the nicest person, even when they lose, seems very happy for their opponents when they win. The Twitch chat people that don't like they can fuck off, I see a lot of it in the NRS streams whenever I watch the MK11 tournaments. Edited to make sure I respect their pronoun choice.

Last edited:

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Feels so good that one of the biggest names in fighting games is also Non-Binary like me.
Even better that they're a genuinely great person.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Honest question: if you really are going to ask people to identify you as "he" or "they", how many people are really going to go for "they"?

my question as well. i don't know a lot about the situation, but where people would say "they" to identify, couldn't they also say "he"?

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen he/they before so you learn something new everyday. He seems like a nice guy so hope he's happy.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legitimate question (sorry if its been answered already) how can someone be a non-binary man? Isn't saying your non-binary saying that you don't fit into the binary Male/Female archetypes?

For those confused: a video explaining what Non-binary is.
Oct 25, 2017

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Frick yes my thude, I'm am very happy for them

my question as well. i don't know a lot about the situation, but where people would say "they" to identify, couldn't they also say "he"?
Correct. They, at this time, are good with either

I myself am good with any pronoun at the time being, or I am at least indifferent to how I'm referred, as long I'm not percieved as "just" a man :D

It really feels nice to be called a "good girl" tho đź‘€

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 month): derailing with transphobic pedantry
Some people don't want to be referred to as any gender and would prefer "they."
This is not grammatically correct when referring to an individual though.

I have no problem not referring to somone as "he/she" or "him/her." But "they" implies plural.

See the following:

You wouldn't say, for example "The object belongs to them." when referring to a non-binary individual. The English language requires the word "him," "her," or "it" for an individual.

Last edited:

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we have people like Sonic-Fox. They're doing great work just by being themselves, and it's wonderful to see.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Legitimate question (sorry if its been answered already) how can someone be a non-binary man? Isn't saying your non-binary saying that you don't fit into the binary Male/Female archetypes?
I wanted to ask the same.
Good for them that they can be true to themself, but I don't understand.