• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metalmucil

Aug 17, 2019
Yup, I still play it with my kid. It still looks amazing too.
Even my kid likes it better than Team Sonic.
I bought Hotshot too, because I was hoping for something more like Virtua Racer, but it has the same crappy AI problems that Team Sonic has :( Totally ruins the experience for me.

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
It's my favorite and possibly most played kart racer of all time. Still looks incredible too on my pc at 4K max settings.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I played it on Wii U, and it was fantastic. Mario Kart 8 took over when it came out, but Sonic Racing Transformed held down my Wii U play time during the console's launch period. Also, you could play 5-players locally with the GamePad, something not even Mario Kart let you do!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It has been fun rediscovering it lately. I must have missed all the series included back when it released because "sonic racer" is something that sort of goes in one ear and out another with me. Had I known it had Panzer Dragoon, Afterburner, etc. in I would have been much more excited about it.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to do a quick race in Rogue's Landing on hard thanks to this thread. Easy to play but so rewarding to master and get that first place .It really is an amazing kart racer, even better than Mario Kart DS.

Apr 21, 2018
It has been fun rediscovering it lately. I must have missed all the series included back when it released because "sonic racer" is something that sort of goes in one ear and out another with me. Had I known it had Panzer Dragoon, Afterburner, etc. in I would have been much more excited about it.
What's your favorite Sega track ?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
It's so good the terrible 3DS demo sold me on the PC version. Seriously great game.

…then I bought it on 3DS anyways, and then on Android (surprisingly good version), only for it to become F2P and then unplayable later 😬

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this game on PC is the best kart racer I've ever played.

The Skies of Arcadia stage makes me very emotional. SoA is my favorite game of all time, and they really showed the it some love in this game. Being able to play as Vyse is so fucking awesome.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
Worst thing I can say about it is I have to cap the frame rate because the rendering kinda wigs out at 300fps+