• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017

This song is too well produced and too well song for a film about a man and his rat.

Last edited:

Murugo

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bizarre that Celine Dion's The Prayer was originally recorded for Quest for Camelot, of all movies.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Flash Gordon and Highlander soundtracks. Queen did their thing on those.

Then there's also that theme song from Orgasmo. Something like "Now you're a man! A man, man, Man!"

Transformers soundtrack is legit though.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
As someone who was born way after the movie came out (but watched it on DVD sometimes as a kid since my dad bought it) and just recently read the book:

Last edited:

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
I loved this song but also loved the movie.

This one might be a classic example for this thread.

Seal "Kiss From A Rose" was not written for Batman Forever. It was on the soundtrack, but it was released as a single a year before that movie came out and then became popular after it was included on the soundtrack. So, if you don't include Unchained Melody...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Decode by Paramore, from the first Twilight film. Can't remember if it actually played in the movie, but it was the lead single for the soundtrack at least.

I actually like(d) Twilight

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the movies in here are actually good. Caddyshack II on the other hand is a true atrocity.
But once again Kenny drops another banger.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
Michael Sembello - Maniac

As a bonus, here's Todd in the Shadows doing a fantastic retrospective of the song in his One Hit Wonderland series.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I expected more Bond films in here.

Yeah I'm into this one for the thread

and

For one of worst fucking movie I've ever seen.

215px-City_Of_Angels.jpg

*goes biking*
*closes eyes*

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Skip to 4:35. You've more than likely heard this part of the song before even if you haven't seen the movie

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
Escape From LA has a great remix of the already great theme song from the first movie, but it was an awful sequel.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I'm convinced that Space Jam was an experiment in having such a good soundtrack that as time went on we let the soundtrack replace the movie's storytelling and somehow make us love that movie.

It's the only explanation I have because I hate that I love that movie.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
twenty one pilots: "Heathens" from Suicide Squad

This is the first that came to mind since my sister plays the song so much and she's never even seen the movie.

The one memorable and great part of this bad animated Disney movie.

Can't be the only one when you have the following songs:
The Bell of Notre Dame
Out There
God Help the Outcasts
Heaven's Light (which is the companion to Hellfire)

And that's not even counting Alan Menken's score which is probably the best he has ever done for a Disney movie.

Particularly Sanctuary!

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I feel like Iris is the king of this category. But here are others.

I know Leeann Rimes version is best but it's the same song.

I like both those movies but they are just silly action movies. These songs though are much bigger.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
What's the movie Pink Floyd did the music for? That's my answer.

Good call. They did a few soundtracks, "More" for a film called "More" and "Obscured by Clouds" for the film "La Vallee" are two of them. I have both on DVD (from that early years box set a few years ago) but haven't got round to watching them but, by all accounts, they are very much "of their time". They also did some cracking work on the soundtrack for "Zabriskie Point".

All of them probably count but I'd say especially "More" as it is my favourite Floyd album.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

From the Batman and Robin soundtrack.

Curses, this was going to be mine.

Oh well, let me tell an interesting story about Radiohead instead, and their song, Man of War.
This song was written during the sessions for their 1995 album, The Bends, as a homage to James Bond themes, and it was performed live on the following tour. Unfortunately it was never fully finished in the studio and they were clearly not asked to contribute it to any Bond films at the time.

However, in 1998 a movie adaption of the english TV series The Avengers came about, and Radiohead were asked to contibute a song to this, so they attempted to record their Bond theme. The sessions went poorly, which was actually documented on film, and the song was left unfinished again...

...until 2015, when Radiohead were finally asked to submit a song for the Bond franchise with Spectre. They went ahead and actually recorded a fully realised Man of War, complete with strings... and it was rejected as the song was not specifically written for this particular film which means it becomes ineligible to win an Academy award or some bullshit. They released this complete version in 2016.

This doesn't fit the thread theme, as it clearly never ended up on anything despite being written as an unspecific Bond theme, but it's fun to imagine how it could've turned out. In a different universe it would've been a theme for Goldeneye or Tomorrow Never Dies.