• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is your favorite?

• Eyes on Me - Faye Wong

Votes: 82 28.9%
  • Melodies of Life - Emiko Shiratori

Votes: 79 27.8%
  • Isn't it Wonderful? (Suteki Da Ne) - RIKKI

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Because You Are Here (Kimi Ga Iru Kara) - Sayuri Sugawara

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • My Hands - Leona Lewis

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Stand By Me - Florence + The Machine

Votes: 29 10.2%
  • Answers

Votes: 35 12.3%

• Total voters

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's Dragonsong, it hits hard if you've played Heavensward, since it isn't on the poll then Answers.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The series has so many good songs, especially FFXIV's vocal themes.
So many here are kind of melancholic though, so I bring about Shiva's theme (Oblivion) which I like

3:18 if you want to get into the real vocal part of the song.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Kiss Me Goodbye, Eyes on Me, and both of the FFX-2 songs are my favorites (despite how cheesy they are).

That said, I will never understand why SE would go to the lengths of having Florence + The Machine do a couple of FF15 tracks, and feature a cover of song that's had a lot of covers done before, as the game's theme song. I get that it fits the theme, but still it baffles me.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
It's Dragonsong, it hits hard if you've played Heavensward, since it isn't on the poll then Answers.
Yeah I came here to say this.
I finally made it to the end of the Heavensward scenarios this week. Yeah, I'm a little slow, lol.
And that song hit hard when it started playing as a prologue to the final fight. It was so good. The entire Heavensward OST is some of the best FF music ever.

As for the options in the poll. I'd go with Melodies of Life followed by Suteki Da Ne.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The space scene in VIII is one of the most amazing and touching scenes in JRPGs.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I will never not use the possibility to mention that Melodies of Life was the song that played as my wife walked down the aisle on our wedding day.

Yeah. It's that one.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Eyes on Me, with Melodies of life a close second.

They are all great in their own way though.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
My Hands is one of my favourite FF songs ever and resulted in one of my favourite trailers for a game ever.

Oct 30, 2017
Eyes on Me and by faaaaaaaar.

I miss the days when FF used to have original songs made for the game, more and more the franchise lost its charm only because they wanted to appeal more to the west, they didn't understand the franchise was already appealing the way it was.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eyes on Me and by faaaaaaaar.

I miss the days when FF used to have original songs made for the game, more and more the franchise lost its charm only because they wanted to appeal more to the west, they didn't understand the franchise was already appealing the way it was.

Huh? Aside from the US version of FFXIII and one cover in FFXV, the modern FFs still always have original songs. FFXV and the FFXV DLCs have several original songs.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Off the board answer for Dragonsong or the one that played when 1.0 ended.

FFXIV has the best FF soundtracks

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Of the ones mentioned in the OP my favorites are by far Eyes On Me and Suteki Da Ne.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
My heart says Isn't it Wonderful? But my ears say Melodies of Life.

No matter how you slice it, the live album 20020220 is just amazing and everyone should give it a listen.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
I'm proud of you all, ERA.

I expected that Melodies of Life would be close to the bottom and was pleasantly surprised to find it in 2nd. In many ways the FFIX OST is carried by the leitmotif established in MoL. The OST is also criminally underrated and may actually be the best in the series, although even I have to admit Uematsu was on fire with FFVIII. Close call.

Oh and the English Melodies of Life is better than the Japanese. Have to throw that out there.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Tough vote for me. Melodies of Life is integrated better into the game than Stand By Me, but the latter is a better song. I wish they had done a reprise in one of the final battles.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Even though it's just a glorified cover, Stand By Me is easily my favorite on this list. Florence Welch's voice is hauntingly beautiful.

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
The Two last is not very a "Final Fantasy Song"
Except Japanese FFXIII, it have proper theme.

EDIT : Damn, I've not reading all

I can't accept "common music" is use for FF Theme Song. A theme song create espacially for the game is much better.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Answers, hands down for me.

How it was remixed for all of coil, and then the fight with bahamut and being timed to his actions was just amazing