• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a mess. You just know they are gonna put armbands with some shit on it on the infected.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
The problem is the fear of a controlling government doing this is the reason we have anti-maskers and people refusing to follow the lockdown rules. This movie isn't helping one bit.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So in this film, the virus is even deadlier than in real life but the focus is on how bad quarantine is?

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'm good on anything COVID related in media. I'm good, don't need to do it. It's like when just a handful of years later there were a bunch of realistic 9/11 movies. Don't need to watch that, lived it... I'm good.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I'm not bothered by the topical nature, but I am repulsed by how bad it looks as a movie.

Xalechim

Oct 28, 2017
Just what I wanted. A movie about the virus that is keeping us away from the movie theaters to watch it.

I'll pass and just keep living the movie we're all in.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
I would watch this dumpster fire just because it sounds so damn ridiculous and I do miss watching movies at the theater.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Expect most of the stuff about the virus being bad to end up being fake in this movie.

You see we learn from an ex government scientist that conveniently crosses paths with our hero that the virus was actually created by the government as a bio weapon that got out of control, so in order to save themselves from having it discovered that the virus was engineered they needed to lock down and sterilize all traces of the virus. But our hero is IMMUNE, the use of his blood can create a cure, but he's thwarted by government agents that dont want the truth or the cure getting out!

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
For those questioning the '23', it probably takes place in 2023. The 19 in COVID-19 is because it started in 2019.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Going to watch because I hope Sofia Carson is going to get some more roles.

Cbrun44

I don't know who the audience for this is. I think we've had enough of this tragedy first-hand that watching something like this feels too soon, tone deaf and unappealing. Perhaps I speak for myself only.

Also this probably just stokes fires of paranoia that the government will identify you and imprison you for standing up against authority in the pandemic.

Absolutely spot on, on both points.

Mar 18, 2020
This is fucking disgusting. We aren't even close to be done with the current pandemic, we have so many people dying every day. And here we have a movie pushing "covid-23".

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Feels like the kind of movie that will feed on paranoia. Watch these false equivalence of mask mandate to authoritarian government coming up soon.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay did that awful Benghazi movie, so doesn't seem too far out of his shithouse.

Wonder how long before he starts parting with D'Souza to make MAGAMovies

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
This was made for Trumpers, anti vaxxers, and the whole deplorable crew.

Could you imagine the outrage if someone had made a "what if Iraq invaded America?" Just a few months after 9/11? That studio would literally be on fire

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way too soon and I actually don't think this is responsible to release right now. Like many have said, it's redmeat for the "I want a haircut!" and anti-mask types.

Also: lol @ the character not using their chain lock on the door while people are trying to knock it down.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I want to watch a movie about Covid about as much as I want to watch one about Trump. Not at all.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know who the audience for this is. I think we've had enough of this tragedy first-hand that watching something like this feels too soon, tone deaf and unappealing. Perhaps I speak for myself only.

Also this probably just stokes fires of paranoia that the government will identify you and imprison you for standing up against authority in the pandemic.
Sure sounds like a shitty Michael Bay movie.
God knows why people keep throwing money at this guy.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
No fucking thanks. Every piece of COVID / lockdown / quarantine / "let's do a thing over Zoom" media I've seen has been cringy as hell.

Oct 30, 2017
At this point I'm pretty sure Michael Bay has a deal with some arm of the government to popularize the most toxic right-wing tendencies of the American poor and undereducated. Every film he makes has a variant on:

"Poor people are losers."
"Rich people are cool as fuck."
"This is what a woman looks like."
"Speak English, foreigner."
"It's awesome to own lots of cool stuff."
"Ugly people make stupid choices."
"Tormenting someone vulnerable is fucking hilarious because power is rad."
"I volunteer for this government suicide mission out of nowhere."

I swear his playbook could have come from Newt Gingrich.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Early in the pandemic I'd wondered if we'd get pieces of art exploring the pandemic's effect on folks, or retrospective pieces showing how dumb hubris and putting short-term economics over lives is. Or if we'd get exploitive pieces that completely missed the point and blamed public health responses. Guess now we know.

It's pretty great.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I would suggest that if anyone is interested in a film on the topic to watch Contagion (2011) instead. It was eerily accurate in its predictions with what looks to be far less sensationalism than this.