• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Snodgrass should've had the balls to spill his guts the first time. Loser.

This will just give the GOP even more ammo to say it's all BS and these people are changing their stories and lying.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, it's essentially a fundraising and recruitment drive for Republicans.

Trump needs to actually be removed from office for it all to be worth it.

Not true at all. Trumps favor ability (which was already bad) is tanking further this goes on. He likely won't be removed from office, but he won 2016 by a nut hair and that was with a lot more support than he has now.

Oct 27, 2017
1 our of 5 Republicans want him impeached since this all started.

There is no silver bullet with Trump or the GOP. No single outrage will stick; it requires constant drip-drip-drip and connecting one crime to other, known crimes which support the feeling in the electorate that he's a crook only looking out for himself

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Snodgrass should've had the balls to spill his guts the first time. Loser.

This will just give the GOP even more ammo to say it's all BS and these people are changing their stories and lying.

Everything gives the Republicans ammo. The Sun rose this morning? Well damn, more Republican ammo.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude, you can choose the window however you want.

Over the past 60 days, the graph has trended flat.
Over the past 40 days, the graph has trended down.
Over the past 20 days, the graph has trended flat.
Over the past 10 days, the graph has trended *up*.

The reason it's been all over the place is because the amounts going up and down are within 1 to 1.5 percentage points, a very small value and well within the statistical noise and error bars of polling. Therefore, in general, the graph has made no significant movements upward or downward.

If you want to play with spin, sure, you can choose exact dates to attempt to maximize a "trend". But no statistician worth their salt would call this a clear trend of anything.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but you have to be realistic. This entire proceeding has not yet had any real affect on changing any of that 41.5%'s mind. Still plenty of time to go, though.

If you start at Sept 24, which is the day impeachment proceedings started and not just a convenient yet arbitrary selection, the trend is absolutely down. Approval has some humps along the way but the trend is negative. Disapproval is much more consistently up. I really think you're downplaying what the data is indicating. It's not world changing but it's down.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If you start at Sept 24, which is the day impeachment proceedings started and not just a convenient yet arbitrary selection, the trend is absolutely down. Approval has some humps along the way but the trend is negative. Disapproval is much more consistently up. I really think you're downplaying what the data is indicating. It's not world changing but it's down.
Okay, dude. Far be it from me to remove a line of hope, so okay.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's not Republican voters you need to convince (because most of them are always going to side with Trump). It's Independent voters.

If anything, Trump will have more shit to worry about, like state charges & civil lawsuits. Pardoning Trump for federal crimes won't save him.

Yes. I meant to say convince voters that republicans are supporting a criminal president

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Kathryn Watson @kathrynw5

Lindsey Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, says he won't read any of the transcripts, and dismissed Sondland's reversal.

"I've written the whole process off ... I think this is a bunch of B.S."

Per @alanhe

4:09 PM - Nov 5, 2019

What the hell? I'm amazed an adult, let alone a senator, could say something so ridiculously churlish. But then I remember this is Lindsey Graham; it is kinda his thing. This is an admission of utter bias and party before country.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Mike Pence is involved in this. Impeachment must involve Pence as much as it does Trump.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Variation of "What a week huh." "Lemon, it's Wednesday" clip. My joke failed miserably :)

The Democrats keep getting more ammunition, they have to be savvy about using it. They're playing by old media rules and playing nice when they are constantly kicked in the face as a response, play by their rules for a change.

It didn't fail - I was trying to help you out by hitting the punchline. I should have included "Lemon" in there.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Mike Pence is involved in this. Impeachment must involve Pence as much as it does Trump.

Pence, Barr, and Pompeo need to go along with Trump. Barr in particular needs to get got, and I hope the relative quiet of his name regarding the handling of all of this crime is simply the calm before the shitstorm.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't eventually backroom deals where the Senate does vote to remove provided the House leaves Pence alone. There's a deal to be had where the GOP gets to avoid President Pelosi and the Dems get to toss out Trump.

If that were the case, I could see the House agreeing to it. Pence would have no chance in the 2020 election, and the House would get what they want which is Trump removed.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand the hold trump has o senate republicans. Congressman sure, their districts are gerrymandered to shit but guys like graham? Wtf

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Y'all need to truly understand how Obama winning two terms broke them. Like, legit broke them.

And the fact that a woman almost followed him up

All bets are off at this point. They fighting for the "American dream". Fuck em. I'll enjoy them going down kicking and screaming, turning on each other in the process.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to truly understand how Obama winning two terms broke them. Like, legit broke them.

All bets are off at this point. They fighting for the "American dream". Fuck em. I'll enjoy them going down kicking and screaming, turning on each other in the process.
The "Whitelash" is real. A black man deared ascend to the highest officer in the land and now 30% country wants to burn it all to the ground.

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017

This 100%. Equality is destroying white supremacy and they are trying to claw back whatever they can take. I don't think people realize how racist and sexist this country really is.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the same guys who always have the updated capital hill directory for some reason

Eh, I don't think it's hard to call anyone's office really. They were pretending to be an informant on the call with Schiff and some official in Turkey when talking to Graham. Maybe there's some bigger strategy involving the Russian government but I'm not sure it's to send messages about dirt they have. Can't imagine they've got much on Schiff, or at least he's not behaving as if they do. I think Lindsey Graham is just shitty.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I don't think it's hard to call anyone's office really. They were pretending to be an informant on the call with Schiff and some official in Turkey when talking to Graham. Maybe there's some bigger strategy involving the Russian government but I'm not sure it's to send messages about dirt they have. Can't imagine they've got much on Schiff, or at least he's not behaving as if they do. I think Lindsey Graham is just shitty.
It is tin foil hat shit but stranger things have happened

May 29, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't eventually backroom deals where the Senate does vote to remove provided the House leaves Pence alone. There's a deal to be had where the GOP gets to avoid President Pelosi and the Dems get to toss out Trump.

If that were the case, I could see the House agreeing to it. Pence would have no chance in the 2020 election, and the House would get what they want which is Trump removed.

If President Pelosi is what is deemed by the impeachable actions of both the president and vice president, then President Pelosi is what is deserved. Dems may not want it, Repubs definitely don't want it, but giving the Republicans an out for their vice president being caught up with the most corrupt President in a generation is gross.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
GOP has already started spinning quid pro quo is a common thing and not against the law. So I'm not shocked by this.

It started with Individual-1.

His malignant narcissism, spy-trained buddies in his circle, and years of access to organized crime have him leaping towards the sliver of daylight that comes from fungible wiggle words.

Know this. Avoid this. Use "Extortion" "Shakedown" and "Abuse of Power" and the like.

That's what terrifies the GOP. This aint Ford, who was chilling in the House when Nixon did the dirty stuff. Nope. Maybe that's why Pence kept getting brought up when this blew up in September.

What the hell? I'm amazed an adult, let alone a senator, could say something so ridiculously churlish. But then I remember this is Lindsey Graham; it is kinda his thing. This is an admission of utter bias and party before country.

I want to know what's pushing him into an unstable wreck...

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I never thought of it this way with Nixon until Trump, but if Nixon took Trump's defense, which was just to deny, deny, deny, and then when you're caught, say, well there's nothing wrong with it, and INSIST on that, and then to demean everybody who breaks from you, then I think Nixon could have survived Watergate. Nixon only resigned when 3 close Republican senators went to him and told him he was in trouble, and then he resigned. But, Nixon wasn't as brazen as Trump, and even while Nixon was a conspiratorial alcoholic finding conspirators at every turn, he actually tried to maintain some personal credibility.

Nixon was super concerned with his legacy, and while Trump is very concerned with what people think of him, he's very adept at making his own legacy in his mind and believing that. Nixon also came out of the House and the Senate, and because of that I think he was less willing to brazenly oppose a co-equal branch of government that he came out of. Trump legitimately believes that, as president, you are king of America, because he has no understanding of civics.

It's not a lack of understanding of civics. He just doesn't care and always thought of himself as king.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Rand Paul you dumb shit. Of course we use aid and tariffs and all sorts of things to get foreign countries to do what we want. What we don't do is use that stuff to get a leg up on domestic matters, such as influencing a future presidential election.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Rand Paul you dumb shit. Of course we use aid and tariffs and all sorts of things to get foreign countries to do what we want. What we don't do is use that stuff to get a leg up on domestic matters, such as influencing a future presidential election.

He knows it, they all do. In private theyre shitting their pants and circling the wagons.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Josh Jordan @NumbersMuncher

Lindsey Graham now going after Sondland, implying that the reason he changed his testimony was to partner with Schiff as some sort of deep state asset.

What Graham doesn't mention is that Sondland donated a million dollars to Trump's inaugural committee.​

7:47 PM - Nov 6, 2019