• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Obviously not a new game, but I wonder what could it be. The NoClip guy had been wanting to make a Psygnosis episode so maybe it's that?

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
I was just lamenting the closure of Studio Liverpool again earlier today. Hopefully this announcement isn't a letdown.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
They got the license?

An other media thing with the license? Like a tv series, movie? Etc...

Some former WipeOut devs joined up?

I was going to say a spiritual successor but they said it isn't gamedev related.

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a new game.
The series needs a new game that takes advantage of the PS5.

As for something different, a TV show set in the Wipeout universe could be interesting. Something like Initial D but with the wipeout ships.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Fingers crossed for artbook or some kind of print! Or if they're re-releasing one of the Wipeout soundtracks on vinyl that'd be pretty sweet too.

oh no

what have you DONE TO ME

"You've seen nothing like this....wow factor 11/10" doesn't really sound like vinyl or artbook but maybe.

I'm nowhere near skinny enough for those clothes anymore.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
"You've seen nothing like this....wow factor 11/10" doesn't really sound like vinyl or artbook but maybe.

It's kinda hard to imagine what the hell it is if it's supposed to be so exciting but it's also not gamedev related (so no discovered betas or anything). Gonna keep my expectations low but my imagination is going wild.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
If it's not related to a new game then I'm seriously not seeing how it could be super exciting 11/10 mindblowing.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
If it was anything BIG from Wipeout, Sony would be keeping all news under tight wraps. It's not going to be anything mindblowing, sadly.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Real life Wipeout with drones or...things on a magnetised track? Perhaps a combination of both in some way. Only thing that makes sense to me outside of gamedev as an anime or movie would be a bit sparse on stuff to dig into.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Real life Wipeout with drones or...things on a magnetised track? Perhaps a combination of both in some way. Only thing that makes sense to me outside of gamedev as an anime or movie would be a bit sparse on stuff to dig into.

Wasn't there an amazing April fools or something years ago that was about real world Wipeout?

Edit: googled but couldn't find it. Still near certain there was one though.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
If it was anything BIG from Wipeout, Sony would be keeping all news under tight wraps. It's not going to be anything mindblowing, sadly.
Unless it isn't game(dev) related, which is what Nick implied. It could be some form of merch or media as others have speculated. It would be great if it were some kind of IP handover, but that's doubtful. There's a huge market for a wipeout game, people are hungry for it now. I really hope it's something related to the IP making a resurgence in some form, but I'm beating down those positive thoughts.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
He replied to a few questions further down the Twitter thread:
Not Game dev.
It's not a book.
It was a side-gig he picked up sometime last year.
Definitely Wipeout-related.

Edit: though he has responded in the negative to a few questions, he has deliberately avoided any questions about a film/tv production.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
They're finally releasing Wip3out Special Edition in America to end their stupid argument that 2097 was the best one?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
wipeout but with cars
BVtkbmc.gif

(2048 intro. Would legit be awesome imo)

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

I agree but we've already been told not to expect gamedev-related stuff. So what else could it be? I honestly can't think of anything that would be exciting besides "here's archived stuff about the games you already love." I bet a repress of the XL/2097 soundtrack would do pretty well, for example.

Though you're right about the "you've seen nothing like this" part, I did kind of gloss over that. I'm out of ideas, then!