• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe complete coincidence, but Ubisoft Forward is today, and they published Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game. It's been delisted and unavailable for purchase for a while now.

Scott Piligrim series creator Bryan Lee O'Malley teased earlier this year there may be some renewed interested in the Scott Piligrim game returning, so that may be worth noting too.

This is a bit of conjecture, but I think there's enough here to be strongly hinting at something related to the Scott Pilgrim game today. Any interest in the game returning? Think they could possibly add more to it, bring it to more modern platforms? Think it may be something else despite the timing and teases?

Last edited:

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
I so need that game back. It was perfect in so many regards.

Got it on my 360, but switched to PS3/4 and sold the box afterwards. I only miss Scott Pilgrim from back in the days :(

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, Edgar Wright also said a few weeks ago that conversations were being made, so it's possible.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Prince of Persia.....
NOW this?
Why do I get a feeling Splinter Cell is finally coming back too?
It's like they're really bringing out the Holy trinity of asked for Ubisoft things Minus a new 3D Rayman game.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
This hit pretty hard:

Same. It's like it's up to Splinter Cell to really rejuvenate the Stealth Genre of Video game given we kinda don't know the state of things for Metal Gear right now.
Besides.
It just feels so..... coincidential that these 3 things plus a new 3D Rayman/Rayman 4 are the most asked for Ubisoft things, and yet, here we are.
With them slowly actually happening.
Wonder if Spinter Cell is next.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was hesitant to post this from the angle of "it's about the game" but it seems really convenient.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Might just be a local thing, but the movie is available on Netflix since this week too.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Might just be a local thing, but the movie is available on Netflix since this week too.
Yeah, it's been re-released as part of the movie's 10th anniversary. There's been a lot of fan stuff done, including old cast reunions, watch-togethers, behind the scene photos/footage, etc. Would make a lot of sense for the game to return.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
This would be great. It sucks losing digital only games to the ether due to licensing issues. It would be cool if it finally got a PC port too!

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The game just got online co-op working in RPCS3. If this gets an official port, it'll make a lot of people happy.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I would like to have hopes up. But if i get hopes up i would get let down... Can we expect the return of the game absolutely? Will it be tonight? Maybe. A port can't be made in just some weeks. At best we can expect the announcement of the complete edition.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, didn't realize it was time for another Ubisoft event. This would be a dope surprise

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020

Maybe complete coincidence, but Ubisoft Forward is today, and they published Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game. It's been delisted and unavailable for purchase for a while now.

Scott Piligrim series creator Bryan Lee O'Malley teased earlier this year there may be some renewed interested in the Scott Piligrim game returning, so that may be worth noting too.

This is a bit of conjecture, but I think there's enough here to be strongly hinting at something related to the Scott Pilgrim game today. Any interest in the game returning? Think they could possibly add more to it, bring it to more modern platforms? Think it may be something else despite the timing and teases?

I like how people are for some bizarre reason doubting this despite, it coming straight from Edgar Wright that's pretty much a confirmation it's indeed coming back.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It'd be great if they re-released it. I still have it installed on my old PS3 that I haven't used in years because I didn't want to lose it. Such an awesome game, and it was bullshit that it got de-listed.

Fingers crossed they sorted out whatever mess they needed to sort out, and the game will return.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, i'd like to support the comic's creator again.
On the other hand, it's Ubisoft and i kinda don't want to support them for all the shit that went down there and i can't even see this getting a re-release on Switch to begin with.

This sucks.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also if this FINALLY comes out for PC, I will be so angry if it's EGS timed exclusive lol

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope so, I have the original alongside the Knives DLC but not the Wallace one. Bringing it back would be great.