• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A long long time ago...

• I can still remember how

Votes: 313 42.1%
  • In a galaxy far away

Votes: 431 57.9%

• Total voters

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if they're singing it im 100% not going to think of Star Wars. Has to be American Pie.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i was in a convenience store the other day and american pie was playing and i looked at the cashier and said, "dear god, they don't play the whole thing every time do they?"

and she said, "huh?"

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a galaxy far away. I listened to that album a weird amount.

Didn't the song release before the movie?

Edit: no but he wrote it apparently based on prerelease spoilers.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Definitely the Weird Al option! I used to request that song so much on the music video demand shows.

I mean if they're singing it im 100% not going to think of Star Wars. Has to be American Pie.

Well if you've heard 'The Saga Begins' by Weird Al as featured in the OP there's a very high chance you could think of Star Wars, even Don McLean has at times and sings that instead of American Pie (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1999-08-13-9908130126-story,amp.html ). It isn't just the opening crawl of a Star Wars film.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If they're singing it, it's American Pie. If I just read the words, I'd think of Star Wars.

nanhacott

Technical artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
A long long time ago
We used used to be friends

giphy.gif

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Running with scissors was a mainstay in my childhood. So definitely The Saga Begins.

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
The lyrics of The Saga Begins are etched into my brain, right next to Albuquerque. It is both a blessing and a curse (mostly a curse).

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
"The Saga Begins" is probably the most impressive parody song I've ever heard. It's Weird Al's magnum opus.
For me it's "Trapped In The Drive-Thru". Weird Al managed to turn R. Kelly's laughable garbage "opera" into a masterpiece.

youtu.be

Trapped In the Drive-Thru (Parody of "Trapped In The Closet" by R. Kelly)

Provided to YouTube by VolcanoTrapped In the Drive-Thru (Parody of "Trapped In The Closet" by R. Kelly) · "Weird Al" YankovicStraight Outta Lynwood℗ 2006 Vol...

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I'ma be honest, I only know the chorus to American Pie. I honestly didn't remember that it actually started with "a long, long time ago". Not that I know all the lyrics to The Saga Begins either but the opening line is memorable.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the Weird Al option! I used to request that song so much on the music video demand shows.

Well if you've heard 'The Saga Begins' by Weird Al as featured in the OP there's a very high chance you could think of Star Wars, even Don McLean has at times and sings that instead of American Pie (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1999-08-13-9908130126-story,amp.html ). It isn't just the opening crawl of a Star Wars film.

It's not in the opening crawl though? One "long", two "far"s This is really just a question of...do you think of the OG song, or the parody with the same lyrics?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
My problem is less the immediate next line and more that I begin to mix up the verses