• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muetsch

Oct 27, 2017
They were supposed to play at a festival I was going to when Covid first hit. Super bummed that didn't happen. It's really not my style of music but hell I'm pretty sure that would have been an awesome show judging from the recordings I've seen

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
There's room for everyone in every music genre. If it's not your thing - that's fine! There's plenty of standard metal bands out there.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Come to think of it, what's the deal with people wearing band shirts of bands they never listen to at all? Like, H&M sells stuff like AC/DC and Ramones t-shirts, but I doubt the people who listen to those bands go shopping at H&M 🤔

I mean, the bands that's shirts are typically being sold at places like H&M are pretty ubiquitous as far as mainstream recognition, so the odds are better than, say, a Kardashian wearing a Gorguts tee.

But the reality is, what direction would you want to take it, confront them and be a dick, or have a convo where you can connect and maybe turn them on to a rad band? Worst case they're disinterested, best case they get a new favorite band. Either way, what's it matter? The band/label got paid.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Which is already a thing.

Meanwhile, idiots in the scene paying absurd prices for "vintage" tshirts is also a thing, so...maybe everyone is the problem.

Again, are you and I ever gonna meet her and be like "yo wtf poser"? No lol, but I also wouldn't do that to a random stranger in an Urban Outfitters shirt. What's it matter? Make fans, don't reinforce asshole fan stereotypes.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
I didn't appreciate them until I started watching live concerts. Seeing a seventeen year old girl command a circle pit is something else. Their live backing band is also just fucking incredible. BOH is an amazing bassist.

Then again, I'm also a fan of Poppy after hearing the Eat EP.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I didn't appreciate them until I started watching live concerts. Seeing a seventeen year old girl command a circle pit is something else. Their live backing band is also just fucking incredible. BOH is an amazing bassist.

Then again, I'm also a fan of Poppy after hearing the Eat EP.

Poppy's latest stuff is great but I wouldn't call it metal. Still rocks though.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Babymetal is awesome. Expand your horizons a bit and let the fun flow through you.

Karate is a genuinely kick ass metal song. They are definitely more than a gimmick.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not liking a band is "elitism" and "gatekeeping" now lol
It's perfectly fine to not like something, but to come out with such a strong statement with a heavy hint of 'this isn't real X' is definitely gatekeeping.

I would consider myself alternative, not as much visually as I used to be but I used to be considered goth from college onwards and alternative people can be some of the most elitist people around.

The entire reason people usually embrace alternative cultures like metal and/or clothing etc is because it embodies the idea of just because you are different or like different things to the norm, doesn't mean you aren't valid and that there are others who will celebrate your choices.

Far too many alternative people end up becoming worse than the 'normies' by instead of an outright aversion to something different, it's holding people or things to a certain standard and acting better than some things that don't meet your benchmark.

Being alternative is meant to be inclusive but some end up doing the complete opposite.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I don't much like the term garbage when it comes to subjective stuff like art really. This isn't my thing, but it's pretty clear they have had some success and many people like them. Plenty of people love the punk or hip hop artists I love and I'm sure plenty don't.

I don't like that doesn't mean garbage. Just means you don't like something.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
I listen to extreme metal and I like Babymetal. Seen them live at a festival once too. They were great.

coma

Oct 28, 2017

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
Will echo the sentiment that Gimme Chocolate is not the best intro to Babymetal.

Karate, Distortion, Elevator Girl.... good shit.

Baby Metal are fun, by the way Garbage is a cool band too!

This, also. They've done good stuff since then, but that first album will always be a favorite of mine. "Vow" is such an incredible song, though the whole album is fantastic. Glad I finally got to see them live a few years back.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
real metal

www.youtube.com

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell (Official Music Video) [4K Remaster]

Official 4K remaster music video for Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell" from 'Cowboys from Hell' (1990)📼 Watch all of Pantera’s official videos here http://bit.l...
Early stuff is the best.

Pantera-Metal-Magic.jpg

pantera-promo-photo-1987-h1000_orig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.