• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this posted over at Reddit and yeah never knew all these scenes were movie references.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen it yet but im award of slot of em so I️ assume this is a generation divide moment

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holy shit, does the editing even match that much or was it done just for the video?
Either way, it's still impressive. I shoulda known with how some of the scenes were....staged...that yeah they were ripping on some movie.

Totally forgot Wayne Knight was in Basic Instinct and I saw that fairly recently. Some of these references are so discreet lol

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
785.gif

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Holy shit I never really realized that scene was spoofing Basic Instinct, that was probably the best one so far in this video.

Honestly just fucking brilliant

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Never noticed a lot of these, and I've seen most of those films. The Hustler is one of my favorite movies and I'd never caught that over watching 5+ Seinfeld times through the years

cheese toast

Oct 29, 2017
They really struck gold with Wayne Knight, the Basic Instinct and JFK homages are made all the better by using the actual actor. Same reason I like Wilford Brimley vs Kramer.

(Same reason I like Richard Crenna in Hot Shots 2, essentially playing his role and character from Rambo.)

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Knew a lot of these, but there are some really obscure ones in there I had no idea about

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
No Jerry running in the woods after shaving his chest?
I thought for sure that was a reference to something.

EDIT: nope, not crazy. It was a reference to this

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I've seen some Simpsons ones, this is fantastic!

**he did a Community one too:

Last edited: