• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Edit: There is a story behind all this:
Since the new president was elected their staff said that people who complained about Bolsonaro could be checked and later lose scholarship, public jobs and other terrifying things (this is true).

So, what was my idea:
Delete my facebook and create a new one, but only for close friends so I can act without being persecuted.

I changed the email associated with the old account ([email protected] to [email protected]) and tried to create a new one using my email address (luigimario @ ...).

It was at that moment that I received the message saying that it was already associated with another account.

You could say it was because of the account I already have. Even I thought it was something related to the account I own.

But when I tried to log on FB I saw a complete different account, when I tried to delete I got the message saying that they detected some suspicious actions...

This is so annoying ¬¬

Original post

Let me give you an example:

Let's say that my email is [email protected], this person created the email [email protected]

Now when I try to created a new account on Facebook "using" luigimario@... i get a message saying:

"the e-mail luigi.mario@... is already associated with disabled account ...."

Any tips on what I can do? I did not find the facebook support contact.

Last edited:

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't gMail consider luigimario and luigi.mario the same eMail address? If so, can you do a password recovery on that account?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't gMail consider luigimario and luigi.mario the same eMail address? If so, can you do a password recovery on that account?

This is correct. l.u.i.g.i.m.a.r.i.o and luigimario are the same account.

Anyway, are you sure it isn't your account OP? Try doing a password recovery. If not, contact Facebook customer support.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
The account is probably DOA because the person used your email address to sign up for it and can't get in to it.

Last edited:

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Good time to quit shitty Facebook, get ahold of their customer service, prove who you are and then nuke all the info you have on FB.

OP
OP
Era of not Yakuza
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I Updated the OP so you can get all the drama
The account is probably DOA because the person used your email address to sign up for it and can't get in to it.
YES, and I got all sorts of errors from FB trying to get things done ¬¬
Good time to quit shitty Facebook, get ahold of their customer service, prove who you are and then nuke all the info you have on FB.
I'm considering this, social media is the worst
Is your name common? May have been an honest mistake on someone's part.
Yes, what irritates me is the fact that someone can easily make me go trought some trouble if they want just using a DOT ¬¬