• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
github.com

GitHub - micah5/ace-attorney-reddit-bot: 👨🏼‍⚖️ reddit bot that turns comment chains into ace attorney scenes

👨🏼‍⚖️ reddit bot that turns comment chains into ace attorney scenes - micah5/ace-attorney-reddit-bot

Reddit bot that turns comment chains into ace attorney scenes.

You'll need to sign up for streamable and reddit and set the appropriate env vars to use the bot.

Also, you'll need to download the sprites from court-records and the music from khinsider

Here's a demo:

This is hilarious and I wanted to share this. Object me if old.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I shouldn't have judged a thread but it's title. I came here with low expectations and that video made my night. I'm still smiling. I love it.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love that they even explain how it works at the end, deciding on Phoenix, Edgeworth, and the different sprites.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Just going off that video, this is one of those ideas that someone should've thought of years ago.

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
yea it's all fun and games until Phoenix Wright starts asking about ethics in gaming journalism and tries to catch the boston bomber.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Quite ingenious, love the neutral net usage

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Any instructions how to do this? Everytime there's a link to GitHub I'm already lost.
github.com

How to use? · Issue #2 · micah5/ace-attorney-reddit-bot

This looks interesting, but there aren't any instructions on how to use.

At least someone asked about this. For the most part, all you need are:
And I think that's all you have to do. Just run the Python script python anim.py.

Chadtwo

Oct 29, 2017
Lol pretty funny but I'm mostly just distracted by how much of an unnecessary dick that Reddit commenter played by miles in the example video is

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone makes a resetera version, please.
User A: "I'm not a huge fan of this game."

OBJECTION!!!

User B: "So you're saying this company is shitty?"

User A: "I never--"

User B: "That's exactly what you said. -quotes part of the first message- I highlighted it for you. What do you have to say for yourself?!"

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
wtf where was this when I made this back in 2007

QdmpPT2.gif

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This thread is in sore need of examples, so here's my gift to you all: all the reddit posts (and thus, videos) made by the bot:

www.reddit.com

objection-bot (u/objection-bot) - Reddit

u/objection-bot: mention me /u/objection-bot (don't forget the dash) in a comment thread and I'll respond with a ace attorney video :) The original …

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Ok, some of these are pretty great, depending on the source material. The different characters and animations can work surprisingly well.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Alright, this thing's pretty cool, lol.

I don't think it would work well for ResetEra, though... Because Reddit has nested comments, it encourages replies to one another, which can lead to long debate chains that work well for this type of thing. And because of the upvote system, it discourages simple, reactionary comments like, say, "Yes, please!" and "This is great!" and "rofl" and encourages more thoughtful reply.

Don't take that to be a criticism of this type of message board, though, lol, there are pros and cons to everything. But I think it'll just make it harder to do for a board like this.