• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what, I swear I've been reading that the PS5 is 30-40% or more volume than the Series X in size terms. I guess those measurements were way off, presumably not accounting for the curves and shape of the PS5 lol. In reality the Disk version is 5% larger and the Digital edition is 7% smaller?

So these calculations that many re-iterated were way off.

To be honest anything from Microsoft executives should be taken with a truck of salt.

freshyk

Jan 15, 2020
"We've done our best to make it available to those who want it, so please buy it!"

Yes, I will once its available!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
To be honest anything from Microsoft executives should be taken with a truck of salt.
He works for amazon.
Also, I was talking to him in that tweet chain and the volume estimations we're based upon box measurements: the largest extentents. When I calculated the volume based upon the space just including the console, it was actually very similar to the Xbox Series X , possibly lower in volume

Jul 18, 2021
Amazing interview I haven't read before. Thanks for sharing.

So with all that consideration and focus on the littlest details regarding cooling and noise it's even more ridiculous to see the final machine suffering from coil whine and fan noise, whatever fan you end up getting with this lottery. Had one running pretty uneven and making strange and annoying noises, bought another one and switched. Much better now, but far from perfect. And regarding coil whine, well that's another story. As I said, ridiculous reading that interview nowadays. And how god damn loud was the disc drive before applying all these anti vibration measures?

Status
Not open for further replies.