• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Lick me if old.

Their religious beliefs told them that meeting in person to worship each Sunday remained an essential part of their faith, and some of their members signed on to Trump's claims that the media and Democrats were overblowing the danger posed by the virus.

"One pastor said half of his church is ready to lick the floor, to prove there's no actual virus," said King, lead pastor at Second Baptist church in Conway, Ark.

But King and his colleagues were concerned: They believed the virus was a serious threat, and mass gatherings such as church services could spread it. He and the other Arkansas pastors ultimately decided that they would hold services as usual this Sunday, with some extra precautions.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
FML the Trump cult continues to show just how fucking dumb they are.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
White evangelicals are so weird. You really don't see this stuff in other denominations and demographics in churchdom. The church I go canceled services for 8 weeks and is doing live streaming sermons.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
isnt this how the virus got spread in korea? i mean a sect called shinjeonji held a massive ceremony and one woman with symptoms had to go. voila thousands infected

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See, I wouldn't mind except they're also going to infect innocent people.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
source.gif

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
White evangelicals are so weird. You really don't see this stuff in other denominations and demographics in churchdom. The church I go canceled services for 8 weeks and is doing live streaming sermons.
Yeah. Here in SC, churches are helping those without food, including my church.

They're serving the community here instead of proving a point to own the libs.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me increasingly optimistic that things just have a way of working out

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely don´t take a gun and start shooting each other. Oh my god, do not do that. You´ll die. It´s a fact.
Oh, btw i´m for health care for all, a universal basic income, and Bernie should be the next president.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Yeah, I'm seeing both sides of this right now. My church canceled physical services and went to a video format this Sunday. They're saying it's just for this week, but they're monitoring the situation. In other words, they're trying to mitigate the backlash from the older demographic of the church, but they will probably be canceling services week after week for the next month or so.

On the other side (though I guess the older demo of my church covers that already), my folks go to a small, middle-of-nowhere church and they're real defiant about it and won't be shutting down. I mean, compared to a lot of "megachurches" or even my relatively large church for the area, their exposure won't be quite as significant. I mean, I'm still working from the office because we don't have customers and there's like...half a dozen people here and we all isolated ourselves into our offices BEFORE all this anyhow.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
isnt this how the virus got spread in korea? i mean a sect called shinjeonji held a massive ceremony and one woman with symptoms had to go. voila thousands infected
Patient 31

graphics.reuters.com

2019 coronavirus: The Korean clusters

How coronavirus cases exploded in South Korean churches and hospitals

It's not clear where Patient 31 became infected with the virus, but in the days before her diagnosis, she travelled to crowded spots in Daegu, as well as in the capital Seoul. On February 6 she was in a minor traffic accident in Daegu, and checked herself into an Oriental medicine hospital. While at that hospital, she attended services at the Daegu branch of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, on February 9 and again on February 16.
In between those visits, on February 15, doctors at the hospital said they first suggested she be tested for the coronavirus, as she had a high fever. Instead, the woman went to a buffet lunch with a friend at a hotel. In an interview with local newspaper JoongAng Ilbo, the woman denied that doctors had advised her to be tested. As her symptoms worsened, however, doctors say they once again advised her to be tested. On February 17, she finally went to another hospital for the test. The next day, health authorities announced she was the country's 31st confirmed case. In only a matter of days, those numbers had soared as hundreds of people at the Shincheonji Church and surrounding areas tested positive.

Mimosa97

Oct 25, 2017

The same thing happened in Iran. There are videos of people licking shrines amid the coronavirus outbreak to « prove » their faith. Religious bigotry turns people into complete morons.

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like my AA meeting last night.

The strangest part was when someone made an announcement that they are immunocompromised, but framed the entire thing as if he were a danger to a group. "If my condition makes any of you uncomfortable I can put the mask on."

Mimosa97

Oct 25, 2017
Patient 31

graphics.reuters.com

2019 coronavirus: The Korean clusters

How coronavirus cases exploded in South Korean churches and hospitals

It's not clear where Patient 31 became infected with the virus, but in the days before her diagnosis, she travelled to crowded spots in Daegu, as well as in the capital Seoul. On February 6 she was in a minor traffic accident in Daegu, and checked herself into an Oriental medicine hospital. While at that hospital, she attended services at the Daegu branch of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, on February 9 and again on February 16.
In between those visits, on February 15, doctors at the hospital said they first suggested she be tested for the coronavirus, as she had a high fever. Instead, the woman went to a buffet lunch with a friend at a hotel. In an interview with local newspaper JoongAng Ilbo, the woman denied that doctors had advised her to be tested. As her symptoms worsened, however, doctors say they once again advised her to be tested. On February 17, she finally went to another hospital for the test. The next day, health authorities announced she was the country's 31st confirmed case. In only a matter of days, those numbers had soared as hundreds of people at the Shincheonji Church and surrounding areas tested positive.

I hope she doesn't get away with it. She belongs in prison.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't seem like a good idea, no matter the situation. Are these outlashes due to people not knowing what to do with their nervous energy during this time?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I have some suspect cousins. 2 brothers. They live in Virginia now despite being born and bred in New Jersey. My one cousin is straight up a pastor of a church or some shit. I honestly do not really understand the whole situation. I initially thought they moved down there on some con men shit. These cousins got into a whole lot of trouble growing up. In and out of juvenile detention. Once they were not juveniles real problems with the law.

When I heard they had "found god" and were moving down to Virginia I thought to myself "sure they did."

I actually have come to discover a few years back, they are dead serious.

Years back to be polite, I accepted a friend request from said cousins wife, who I have only met once. As I said, we are not really super close. Them moving to Virginia and also finding god out of nowhere means there is not a whole lot of keeping in touch.

Well yesterday his wife went on some fucking crazy rant on Facebook about how you cannot close houses of worship because of a fake made up virus and it was all a plan from the deep state to take away their churches and "be ready ya'll as the end times are coming." This was not her posting some meme. She was dead ass serious.

It was literally un-fucking-believable to me. There is a small part of me hoping it is a big ruse by my cousin and his wife. The thing is I do not think it is and they truly believe this shit. People are dumb and strange. That is for sure.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I like to think of it like an addict who needs a fix whenever times get really stressful. Things are going poorly and they fully realize it but instead of being constructive or pragmatic about the situation, they just turn back to what makes them feel good for a little while i.e. "owning the libs".

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing how when the nation is confronted with an actual real deal threat the conservatives cower and cry "hoax". It's some major snowflakey shit.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Politics and religion don't mix and these people are living proof.

These are the same people who thought prohibition was a good idea.