• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
And I'm here for it. It's honestly refreshing to see Asians in places you don't normally see them, secret service, Vice President, navy seal, MD, astronaut.

representation matters, being middle management, a scientist or a doctor is fine, but I'm glad to see Asian Americans breaking out of the stereotypical roles.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I saw on some far-right board they were freakin out about THE CHINESE controlling the SS lol

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
was he on his staff when he was vp?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I saw on some far-right board they were freakin out about THE CHINESE controlling the SS lol
Just speaks to how they think the US is "supposed" to look. If it was a black person they'd say "BLM & Soros have infiltrated the WH & White Americans are going to concentration camps". If it was a Hispanic person, they'd say that "the Cartels are now running the US from the shadows". Replace Cartels with ISIS if it was anyone Middle Eastern. To them, America is white and any intrusions of color are subversive elements rather than just natural diversity. Minorities can't just want & get hired and considered for the same jobs as anyone else. We have to be intruders or unqualified plebs meant to fill a quota.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
was he on his staff when he was vp?
Maybe? He is a 17 year old veteran and seen as a perfectionist. and got a gold medal for handling the North Korea security detail.

For tireless and direct participation in high-level negotiations with the leaders of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, planning all security details for both Presidential visits to that country, while still leading the men and women of the Presidential Protective Division's White House Section in their zero-fail mission on the White House Complex.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Feels weird to know the name of someone who works for something called the Secret Service, lol.

(Regardless of my terrible joke, I do think it's cool. Representation matters.)

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
roger, i didn't know that
His name is David, not Roger
NH9gE7v.gif

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
roger, i didn't know that
I understand the sentiment though. If nothing else the Capitol insurrection proved out that there are a lot of Trump adherents ready to viciously target whoever they need to even if it does nothing to advance their messiah into power. They're dangerous and craven and shouldn't be taken lightly. Feel though that the Insurrection has shown everyone in this administration, even him that they shouldn't completely underestimate the wing of this country that despises them for existing & be ready for any shenanigans from the constituents of the right.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"Asian Twitter losing its mind" = handful of American Asians.

Let's stop putting everyone part of giant groups in tiny "Twitter" groups.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the diversity in Biden's team. Seems every hour we hear about somebody new. They're doing the damn thing.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That man is not gonna let any shit slip by.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Are we allowed to know secret service agents names? I'm just kind of worried about throwing his name out there.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
he's been in the secret service for almost 2 decades and was second in command in the secret service under trump

Oct 28, 2017
Mommy, I want to grow up and be the guy who is in charge of protecting the country's #1 high value asset.

*Mother frantically upends toy box full of action figures*

oh god! Here honey. Look at Mr claims adjuster. Or Ms physical therapist? This ballerina looks like fun. Oh god sweetie just pick one of these!!

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I know the cat's out of the bag, but maybe it's unwise to disclose to the world the full name of the head of the president's security detail? I don't know, it seems like the kind of job where you have to stay as low-profile as possible.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Losing their minds is a weird phrase to use but I agree with the sentiment. I'm not Asian American but "Asian men are only nerds or asexual kung fu maters" trope is something people believe, including other Asian Americans.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I would rather not see an action movie about him since that suggests there may be some unwanted action coming his way.